how to turn off messiah 2 chip

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
my kids have got a ps2 version SCPH-30004R...had the messiah 2 chip installed for about 3 or 4 years, they wanna play some ps1 original games...how do you play them on a ps2?..i think you have to turn the chip off..how?..cheers

i've got the same model PS2 and chip

i THINK you hold the power on button for 1 second or something, till the blue light flashes, then quickly release.

i'm sure that works - i bin all my ps1 1 games :(

you hold it till you see the spinning atoms on the tv. from then on it stays in ps1 mode until you switch it off at the back. ie you dont need to hold it when you change from 1 ps1 game to another.

no..it doesnt work.....all i get is that whirring sound coming from the ps2..and before you say your laser is gone....it hasnt cos ive got just about the whole of the ps2 collection on backup discs whic work perfectly along with the orignals..

Put the ps2 into Stanby mode (red light)
Press and hold the EJECT for a least 5 seconds to open the disk tray and set SLEEP MODE.
Place the game into the disk tray and press EJECT to close the tray.
You can also tap RESET, the PS2 remains disabled and boots the in-region original game.
The messiah 2 is disabled until it has been put back to STANDBY and booted normally.

:Boo:

There was a Messiah Pro v2 as well
which ment you had to tap reset 4 times to disable chip.

with mines i just double tap the reset button, never has a problem with it

theres several versions of turnin it off but it depends on messiah chip versions also dude

Back