How To Stream Your Dreambox [TUT]

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chaps, i know it's maybe been posted a few times before and they have involved using VLC and some other are linux based streaming methods but i've come across an easy way to do it and thought i'd post it for the n00bs like us. :Clap: it's not streaming great at the minute (just got it to work and thought i'd post and we can maybe help each other with the streaming settings)

create your self an account @ https://www.dyndns.com

add your ip address to it and actiavte it.

Then go into your router settings and look for DNYDNS settings this is important as you want to keep the account live and every 30 days it will refresh the account and save you from having to log in and manual have to update it :Clap:

Then download

Web Streamer

and make sure you have VLC as well - VLC

once it's downloaded and then you have installed it go back into your router and then open your ports.

So suppose my ip address of the dreambox is 192.168.1.20 then i'd open the following ports

192.168.1.20 - port 80

and the ip address of my computer is 192.168.1.11 then i'd open the following ports

192.168.1.11 - 5678
192.168.1.11 - 1234

you should have something like the following when you then run web streamer settings

Untitled-5.jpg

then after you run the program you should see your dreambox streaming simply click on stream and then it should stream

Untitle231d.jpg

then the ip address what you give to some one is

mms://myname.syndns.org:1234

happy days.....

(p.s i have managed to stream no problem i just need to work on the settings and of course i know it's too do with the band width but i'll have a little play and see if i can improve it as have a little bit of picture break up, when it starts to stream there are some settings and it does use VLC to stream as well so maybe a setting, i'll report back)

saying that i am streaming from one network to a wireless laptop on another network so it might be much better cabled up!

not to bad but going to look at better streaming....see pic attached

Last edited:
Thanks m8 just want i needed
err how many people can you stream to on it im on 5mb up 50down

done exactly what u have said in tut m8, in in webplayer i see my dm bouquets ect but no pic, i can hit screenshot and see it,,when i put mms addy in browser, vlc opens,,but cant play stream,,any other things i can try? cheers m8

done exactly what u have said in tut m8, in in webplayer i see my dm bouquets ect but no pic, i can hit screenshot and see it,,when i put mms addy in browser, vlc opens,,but cant play stream,,any other things i can try? cheers m8

in webplayer mate you might as well start working on getting your dream to stream to it 1st before trying to get it working streaming

in settings do you get a succesfull connection to your dreambox using the test button?

and just a thought mate you'll 2 networks or a mate to test it for you as well, i'm streaming via one network and logged on another network to check the stream...

Last edited:
ah sorry Bod matey, didn't know that you had a tut out *doh* whilst your on any ideas why i try and log on the stream from work that i get the following?

stream-1.jpg

ive just followed this guide and its basically unwatchable even on the lan internally?

Any ideas anyone?

does your box stream to VLC or webTV ok? what processor/machine you got?

sorry should of said using the dream box webcontrol part and streaming to pc is fine like that.............

Back