how to set up up spark?? shd8900

Gerryd13

Inactive User
Reaction score
now i know how to do e2 thanks too of the guys on here......can anyone tell how to set up spark.....i can put my cline in no problem b ut when i scan not all channels are picked up....the ones that are do work like WatchHD but whenm i put a channel list in it seems to knock everything off and most channels show "no or bad signal"

thanks

Ive still not got round to playing properly with this as i get the hump with it and there is not that much info on the net about using spark either.

Can't help out with this box for the time being as when I read this thread over a week ago I decided to connect my alien up and do a quick recap from start.

However, when I set it to boot into Spark, from Enigma2, I got the dreaded message about my software not being legit, or words to that effect. At that moment my heart sank as I knew that my bootloader was now toast and, unlike my Starview6 which suffered the same fate, I am unable to resus it using usbjtagnt for the time being :rip:

No wonder my seller on eBay stopped selling them shortly after I got mine :thumbdown:

So just to be safe, do i never boot it into spark again?

and sorry to hear about your box:( there must be something can be done surely:(

So just to be safe, do i never boot it into spark again?

and sorry to hear about your box:( there must be something can be done surely:(

If you can't be sure of its credentials, as to whether its a clone or not, then yes, don't use the Spark side.

The "time bomb" like code is reported to be in the last two releases, but I personally wouldn't use Spark side. The Spark side has better drivers for the tuner (more sensitive) and the remote control is better under Spark but Enigma2 side has more to offer functionally.

As I have mentioned in a previous post however, the box is somewhat put in the shade even by old technology like a Vu+ clone. Having used this setup for a few weeks I would not dream of going back to the alien shd8900.

Until someone sends usbbdm a suitably bricked board to play with, similar to the alien shd8900 chipset in spec, then the ability to unbrick them will remain only a far off dream ;)

i update mine to the latest HDMU image this morning and now i cant get any soft cams to work:(

Im using the latest HDMU ie todays.....................it was working fine................

I just went back to a image that i know 100% worked.....the one in your tutorial download.

Must be something im doing. Think i remember the box did this before when i changed firmwares.

Ive tried 3 different lines............. on loads of different versions of firmware.

Im just gonna flash the latest and leave it a while i think. Maybe it confuses servers or something when you reflash and you get a temp ban?

How about using the image from the tut, to set it up initially, then when everything is working try to do an online update via the menu system. Or is that what you have already tried?

How about using the image from the tut, to set it up initially, then when everything is working try to do an online update via the menu system. Or is that what you have already tried?

yeah ive tried that............

box just wont work with a soft cam.

Was fine this morning all i did was flash latest firmware.

clines are fine as i tried them on the dreambox.

Been at it for five hours now. lol....................going mad

Hi,
Although I tried I didn't manage to find some usefull info or direct download links for HDMU and/or PKT Nebula for my SHD8900. If someone could provide me with direct download links, I would be greatfull

I only ever found download links and nothing about what was changed in each image..

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

What's that nebula for spark link mate?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Just go in spark menu, Spark, update software, ...................... through this you can update your spark with Spark 1.261 latest version of 04.01.2013............... after update you can do what you like. I think it solves all your issues.

Thought this could brick the boxes if theres a chance there a clone.

Back