How-to run tomtom from main menu screen (Navi-Go sy 885 (ebuyer))

joebloggss

Member ++
Reaction score
How-to run tomtom from main menu screen (Navi-Go sy885 (ebuyer))

Power Down the Navigo IE: switch of from the side, then take the sd card out and put it into reader then,

EDIT the Shell.ini file to point to mobilenavigator.exe

IE: \sdmmc\tomtom6_final_on_navigo\mobilenavigator\mobilenavigator.exe........or what evever you have...

Put the card back into the Navigo...

Switch on from the side....... the main menu boots up, click on navigation, the tomtom screen splash will come up and your straight in..

this is the easiest way of doing it, rather than playing with the Registry..

hope it helps

any questions just shout..

cheers

Last edited:
Top Tip thanks mate .....now loads from navigation icon
cheers:Clap:

Ill hve a look later Joe :) cheers m8

good little unit mate , ic hanged the shell folder from my documents to sdmmc/my documents and it works great even plays avi files flawlessly , so in car avi player to lol

Is there a ways to edit the shell.ini file to give a choice screen to select which navigation software to load, tomtom or another like IGO? Rather than going to explorer and clicking it there.

Is there a ways to edit the shell.ini file to give a choice screen to select which navigation software to load, tomtom or another like IGO? Rather than going to explorer and clicking it there.

working with the shell file seems to work one or the other, not both..

AFAIK it only works with the reg hack m8...

working with the shell file seems to work one or the other, not both..

AFAIK it only works with the reg hack m8...

Yeah I did the reg hack and then undid it, the software is less stable and got more errors of, this program performed an illegal operation needs to close and also I couldn't understand what this means.

Copy some link files from the old locations and edit to suit in notepad.exe on you PC
Put copies in folders called Desktop and Program in the root of your SD card
Make sure at least one shortcut(link) file points to "\Windows\YFLoader.exe"
and another to "\SDMMC\Mobilenavigator\mobilenavigator.exe"
soft reset (button at top), hard reset (switch off)

Am also thinking if we can't choose with shell can we not get it to select one shortcut or the other, that would be fun for it choose which one to guide you. lol

Last edited:
did the reg hack myself, but changed back, will look more into the shell file and will try and mod it some way that if you click on ie: photos it will come up with another nav system..

I've managed to add name and address to the unit, so when it boots up it shows the owner details, change the shell file to \windows\explorer.exe, save and run navigation, go to start, settings, control panel, double click on user info, change it to whatever you want, then on the right hand side tick the check box, to display this on startup, I've not tried the password, and would not recommend trying as you might not get the keyboard to type it in. As always do it at your own risk.

Copy some link files from the old locations and edit to suit in notepad.exe on you PC
Put copies in folders called Desktop and Program in the root of your SD card
Make sure at least one shortcut(link) file points to "\Windows\YFLoader.exe"
and another to "\SDMMC\Mobilenavigator\mobilenavigator.exe"
soft reset (button at top), hard reset (switch off)

Am also thinking if we can't choose with shell can we not get it to select one shortcut or the other, that would be fun for it choose which one to guide you. lol

Edit Shell file to \windows\explorer.exe then edit reg like this

Instead of having to find a spare SD card, or editing the original card, you download Remote registry editor and change one setting under HKLM\init\launch50 from yfloader.exe to explorer.exe

Then you can change the paths to folders desktop & programs under HKLM\System\Explorer\Shell Folders by adding \SDMMC thus:

\SDMMC\desktop \SDMMC\programs ...these folders will be created for you when you re-boot, and you can add some useful programs, and copy shortcuts to anything you like, including applications on your SD card, by browsing to them and selecting file > send to > desktop as shortcut.

got this up and running can switch between Tomtom and Miomap, also can play mp3's as well as films from the desktop..;):banana:

need anything just shout...

Have you tried the multi menu from sdmmc yet? I tried to add sub menu for all the naviation but without sucess.

Have you tried the multi menu from sdmmc yet? I tried to add sub menu for all the naviation but without sucess.

have you tried my post above yet m8, got tt6 mm3 and igo8 working via the shortcuts from desktop.

I prefer not to use desktop, or mess to much with the original settings.

So I now use this method and seems to work well, copy the folder YFAP20 from Residentflash2, to sdmmc and blue skins shell.exe edit point the links to whichever sat nav you want to use. now on shell.ini in root of your sdmmc point to to sdmmc\YFAP20\ blue skins\shell.exe. now when you hit the navigation you will see another same screen with your personalized links.

I prefer not to use desktop, or mess to much with the original settings.

So I now use this method and seems to work well, copy the folder YFAP20 from Residentflash2, to sdmmc and blue skins shell.exe edit point the links to whichever sat nav you want to use. now on shell.ini in root of your sdmmc point to to sdmmc\YFAP20\ blue skins\shell.exe. now when you hit the navigation you will see another same screen with your personalized links.

cant seem to get it to work m8

moved YFAP20 from residentflash2 to sdmmc, here is the problem i don't see blue skins shell.exe, i only see shell.exe in the YFAP20 Folder but i don't see blue skins...only see skins folder..lol

Back