How to make AU card for Newbies

Goosh

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is a basic tutorial which uses bits and pieces from other tutorials on the site. This

is exactly step by step how I got my card working as I couldn't get it to work using other

methods.

Software needed:

Nagra Edit 4.1

SwapBinHEx

RHv.1

I made a folder called AutoUpdate. All the files and software should all be placed in

there.

First of all download the latest AU files for your area into this folder.

I used RHv.1 to make a file with my IRD and BK in it. The BK goes in normally. The IRD was

put in backwards. It is not literally backwards like 12 34 56 78 90 to 09 87 65 43 21 but

backwards in pairs from 12 34 56 78 90 to 90 78 56 34 12. This will create a .bin file

which you could call 'IRDBK' so you remember what's in that file.

Open up Nagra Edit 4.1 and use it to open the IRDBK.bin file you just created. Go to the

Data Editor tab and at the bottom you will see two keys, change the Key 1 in Data Editor to

111111111111 (all 1s). I saved this file as a bin file, please note this file will

automatically be saved as a .bn11 file so to avoid that when saving you will have to choose

'save as '*' all files' and write EXTEEP.bin.

Then I used SwapBinHex to change it to a Hex file. All you do is drag the EXTEEP.bin file

over that SwapBinHex logo and it will automatically make a hex file called EXTEEP.hex.

Delete the EXTEEP.bin file so you don't get mixed up.

Open up FunProm software, put your card in programmer hardware and first of all erase the

card using the 'Erase' button on FunProm.

Now you are ready to write the EXTEEP.hex file and the AU Update Flash file to the card.

It is advisable to write each file to the card separately so on FunProm add your EXTEEP.hex

file to the exteep section and press 'Program All'. After it has written that to the card,

close FunProm then open it up again and add the AU Update file to the flash section of

FunProm and press 'Program All'.

Using this method my card worked within 3 minutes of being back in the box.

Hope this helps some people out, if there are any errors could a mod please correct them.

N.B. There is also a bit in Nagra Edit (down the left hand side menu) where you can add

credit to your card for PPV events. I think it says 'Debit Cash' and has 00 20 00 beside

it. If you change it to 00 C8 00 it will put £200 on the card.

Great work Goosh, straight forward instructions, nice one.

N.B. There is also a bit in Nagra Edit (down the left hand side menu) where you can add

credit to your card for PPV events. I think it says 'Debit Cash' and has 00 20 00 beside

it. If you change it to 00 C8 00 it will put £200 on the card.[/QUOTE]

if your giving a tut on au card thats okay but you shouldnt encourage credit for ppv events as they would have tb connected to use ppv or on damand whoever the box was origianlly registered with could get the bill so you shouldnt advertise that

so why haven't u put it in the tutorial section then ???? why have u posted it in here...????

for future reference, post a thread saying, that u have put a tut in the tut section for ????

Move to Cable Tutorials

I made the IRDBK but when I tried to open it in Nagra it said incorrect size and when I clicked on Data Editor it said the keys were unknown.

any ideas?

Great instructions mate, Followed them no problem but it doesn't work.
Has anybody had one working sinse last time the codes rolled recently ?

Thanks Chap's

Andy...

Back