how to log?

dabs

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
am looking to try my hand at logging but am confused as to how to go about it
have looked in the downloads for tutorial but can't find a tut in there
have a fun4 and thinking of using that on pure hell with a 4001 stb can someone point/show me the way to a tut pref in plain english (am very easily confussed)
and what programs need to get the keys off it, would love to be able to do this but at the moment am totally lst by it all
thanks

hey mate. i think that fun cards or atmegas cant be used at the mo, well not without modifications. i would love to get into that as well, but from what ive been told by clive, it seems it cannot be done, well in ex cw, dunno about pure.

if u could get ur hands on a logger, then u can connect that ur comp n log using that

You can still use the FunLogger program. It simply fills up its EEprom with Emm's which you can dump to the PC later. You dont need to decrypt the channels to log the Emm data although the Funlogger can handle manual key entry.

The best option for logging though is to get a proper logger device. Stick the logger in the box and a Mosc (or some other card) in the card slot on the logger and this device will monitor all communications between card and box.

Alternative methods of logging are via dvb-c streamcapture and dbox/dreambox streamcapture.

hey nozzer, i tried tha fun logger in my pace d2000 in excw using fun4.

maybe i had the wrong files because it didnt fill anything up in my ext eep

u got any good files/tuts for fun logging?

plus my emmstudio needs an update to handle newer keyrolls

ive never done logging but i have a lot of software etc (lmao cant remember were i got it), dunno if its already on this site i dont think so, its not my work if i can find somewhere to upload it then its here to share

Dumping the EMM pid to a file is easy enough with a pc but don't we need the interaction between the EMM, the internal "CAM" and a real smartcard?

A couple of years back I helped Joshyfun fix his "Poor Man's CAM" SECA2 emu to work with TopUpTV, in the end I had to use a season interface logger so Joshyfun could pin down the problem.

I used a program called camel logger but I think it was seca only, does anyone know of a Nagra logger that works with the season interface?

The logs won't mean anything to me but I'll happily dig it out again if it will help with our current problems.

Last edited:
Nick [D]vB;1256894 said:
Dumping the EMM pid to a file is easy enough with a pc but don't we need the interaction between the EMM, the internal "CAM" and a real smartcard?

A couple of years back I helped Joshyfun fix his "Poor Man's CAM" SECA2 emu to work with TopUpTV, in the end I had to use a season interface logger so Joshyfun could pin down the problem.

I used a program called camel logger but I think it was seca only, does anyone know of a Nagra logger that works with the season interface?

The logs won't mean anything to me but I'll happily dig it out again if it will help with our current problems.
yeah, apparantely the emm logger plugs into the box and a card goes into the logger, then the logger is hooked up to the computer.

south park rednecks cracking me up! lol

Nick [D]vB;1256894 said:

For the majority of logging these days you only require the data from the Emm stream. If necessary, its easy enough to construct true Nagra Emm's from the streamdata for sending to cards etc.

Most interaction between Cam/Card is irrelevant as far as logging is concerned. Apart from ECM's/EMM's it mostly just houskeeping messages that can be ignored.

Exceptions to the above would only really occur where, for example, you have a new box which had card timing issues. Then you might require much more in depth logging with packet and byte timing measured possibly to the nearest microsecond.

Last edited:
I suppose we didn't have full dumps of the TopUptv cards to work with, mores the pitty...

I'm not sure about the season interface specifically but there's a program somewhere around somewhere called Elog. It needs an interface with an onboard processor to convert the Nagra serial protocol to a parallel format for transport to the PC. Unfortunately, most of the stb's use an odd baud rate that doen't connect directly to a PC

The program is an old clunky DOS driven thing though so no fancy windows.

Didn't $ky pull the funky baud trick on their decoders? My season interface is com (rs232) based so uses a basic max232 chip, (can also be used to load firmware into some decoders) I have seen parallel loggers but they look much more complex beasts. I'll keep an eye out for Elog though thanks

any m8 know where can i get a logger? The ELOG that every 1 is talking about need a parallel port logger but i can only find rs232 com port or usb logger. can they be used? if yes, what program is good for them...

CHeers

Back