how to install multiboot

dazzlet

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have nlb 8833 installed in flash and i want to install multiboot so i can install enigma2 on the hdd for a multiboot but i cant seem to install m ultiboot i have downloaded the usb config file and put it on my usb pen and renamed it to usb_update.img and then put the usb into the 9000hd box and turned it on holding the power button when i see "booting" on the display i press up and it says loading fw but then it says err10 what am i doing wrong here.

i have installed enigma2 on the hdd via telnet and it all sempt to be ok but i cant boot to it i dont know how to pressing any number on the remote doesnt do anything it just says "booting" if i press 1 on the remote it boots to the original firmware in flash

any assistance would be great thanks

did you format the usb stick before putting multiboot file on,u need to

yeah i formatted it i think i have got it to install now but i still cant boot to enigma 2 on the internal hard drive
this is what i have done fully so far

i had enigma2 version 0.3.0 installed on my internal hard drive and booted to that by pressing 2 on the remote. i have sif image installed in flash which i booted to by pressing one on the remote.

i wanted to install the latest enigma2 image so i copied the usb version enigma2.tar.gz file to the media folder on the hard drive then i telnet the box while it was booted in sif image. i did the following commands

cd /media

tar xvzf Enigma2.tar.gz

when that had finished unpacking i then

sync

sync

everything seemed to be ok

when i presses 2 on the remote it just stuck on booting and never booted enigma2 when i turned it off and pressed 1 on the remote it boots to the sif image that is in flash.

i installed the multiboot thing and i read i had to press 6 on the remote to boot to enigma2 installed on the internal hard drive but it just said multiboot 6 on the display and did not boot to enigma 2

when i press 3 on the remote it boots to sif original image that is installed in flash

please help me boot to enigma2 from my internal sata hard drive

not tryed it with the hardrive myself yet as i used usb stick which was easy enough

@despdan when i installed the other version 0.3.0 it was just cd /media which was the folder on the hard drive where it then installed to all the files seem to be there in the folder after the instalation process i just cant boot to it

Well that's me fooked now installed multi-boot now can't mount usb pen.
Also is it cd /mnt or cd /media?

easy way i put e2 on usb stick
@bro

yes was following your instructions now it won't mount the usb pen??
In the list check - if the /dev/sdb1 is mounted (if is FAT probably is mounted to /mnt/usb/usb0)
after inputting mount don't get the above

have u got hardrive in reciever if not it may return sdb2 i think,and before doing that,format usb stick,turn on reciever and when it fully on and you get piccy on tv then insert usb stick and do the commands,,,,if that dont work i will upload an easy way to do it tomorrow as i am of to bo bo`s now :Hit:

have u got hardrive in reciever if not it may return sdb2 i think,and before doing that,format usb stick,turn on reciever and when it fully on and you get piccy on tv then insert usb stick and do the commands,,,,if that dont work i will upload an easy way to do it tomorrow as i am of to bo bo`s now :Hit:
Thanks bro no hdd fitted got it sorted it was sda2 not sdb1.
If anybody wants a tut just ask:)

@bro
should there be another line here:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

rm -f /mnt/usb/usb0/e2image.tar.gz

or should we keep that file on the usb stick?

Last edited:
format usb stick in pc first

1. Boot your DGS image, wait to full boot. when picture comes on
2. Insert your USB stick
3. Telnet to your box, execute mount
4. In the list check - if the /dev/sda2 is mounted (if is FAT probably is mounted to /mnt/usb/usb0)
5. umount it - umount /mnt/usb/usb0
6. now execute fdisk /dev/sda (not sda2)
7. on the prompt press p - to see current partition table
8. press d - to delete partitions, if it is only one proceed, if not - press d again and delete all partitons
9. press p again - there will be no partitons now
10. Press n - to create new partition
11. select p - primary
12. select 1
13. press enter, enter
14. press w to write changes & exit
15. You have just created linux partition on your usb stick
16. Now format this partition - mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda2
17. mount formatted partition again - mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /mnt/usb/usb0
18. Now ftp e2 tar.gz to /mnt/usb/usb0
19. execute cd /mnt/usb/usb0
20. execute tar -zxvf e2image.tar.gz, wait few minutes to decompress all. (wait for prompt)
change the red writing bit to the name of the e2 image file you ftp to stick
21. after decompress type, sync

for reciever without hardrive in it

and ftped image file can be deleted of stick when done if you want

Last edited:
tar -zxvf whatevernemerofe2imageusing.tar.gz
No :slaps: what i meant was after you have setup the usb stick to multi-boot do we remove the image.tar.gz from mnt/usb/usb0 with the line i posted or leave it on the stick??

Also any ideas why it won't pickup any channels on a terrestrial scan?
I put my terr.xml from dreambox it scans but doesn't find any & on manual scan as none either!!!

Last edited:
dont really matter mate when done,i never used that command,i just used flashfxp and deleted it manually

#as for the scan i went into the downloads in the menu and got zigbgigs setting i think it was then rebooted and went ino sat settings and then this for each sat

Press menu
Press setup
Press service searching
Press tuner configuration

then

configuration mode = advanced
choose satellite you want
LNB = LNB 1
Priority = Auto
LOF = Universal LNB
Voltage Mode = Polorisation
Increased Voltage = No
Tone Mode = Band
DisecQ Mode = 1.2
Toneburst = None
Commited DISEqC command = none
Fast DISEqC = Yes
sequence repeat = No
Command Order = commited, toneburst
Uncommitted DISEqC command = none
DISEqC repeats = none
Longitude - put in your long
Latitude = put in your Latitude
Use usals for this sat = yes

Last edited:
@bro thanks M8

But it's Terrestrial tuner thats not picking up any channels & I loaded my working terr.xml file off the dreambox.Also manual scan freqs that I know & it wont pick them up!!!!!

It's not the tuner because that's working under nlb9207 & the signal must be goood if nlb is working.

apparently the latest e2 images do support it aftermath found out of someone

Back