How to enter a boxkey?

Forget comparing the receiver to the non linux one, it is completely different.
Unless you are using DCC, not having a password is not an issue. It is advisable to have one though. When you are ready, it is a big learning curve, open a telnet program such as putty and issue the "passwd" command and follow teh prompts.
Latest version of Oscam do not require a box key, they get it by themselves.

At whcih stage of the Dreamset guide have you got to? Did you set it up as E2
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/369071/

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look at the link above and followed the instructions. The only version of Enigma 2 version 3 is either Custom or as a Dreambox 7025.

This is NOT a Dreambox so it won't work. There needs to be one for the Technomate TWIN OE else it is useless.

When I press "Test Configuration" the program just crashes. So what should my settings be for this program?

Thanks.

I have set mine as Enigma2 ver 4 (Http reload) It works for all Enigma receivers irrespective of manufacturer.

What version of Dreamset are you running? What OS are you operating.

I get a connection OK but the xml file heck says WARNING and the third one says ERROR

The files that tye are meant to be are there but no luck - even on version 2.4. Any more advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so far.

Hi. Thanks again for helping me to set up but how do you now

if I want to change region on autobouquets how do I do that and how do I change any of the ticked or unticked boxes. the "Parently one is ticked and I cannot edit that. Please can you help and advise me how to change settings or region in AutoBouquets. Thanks.

With auto bouquets, do not press green. This starts it processing the existing settings.

Press menu, scroll down until option you want to change is highlighted (including region). Press right left to change. Press green for save. When you now run it, it will use new settings.

Thanks for that. You do need to set a region though. If it says "not set" it asks to "start by pressing menu". Thanks for that I got it working fine.

Thanks for that. You do need to set a region though. If it says "not set" it asks to "start by pressing menu". Thanks for that I got it working fine.

so you have your card working now and the channel list loaded? regards mdt

Yes I have the card working now. A few issues firstly the card was upside down first - not a good idea!

But also, I thought with a linux box you could extract the entire transport stream to a PC. is this possible and how do you do it. I have a copy of TSReader Lite as well as a download of another program but I wanted to look at the entire data stream on my PC. How do I do this.

Also, how do you move the files from the hard drive to PC? Which subdirectory in tfp is this in?

Thanks for your help so far.

Yes I have the card working now. A few issues firstly the card was upside down first - not a good idea!

But also, I thought with a linux box you could extract the entire transport stream to a PC. is this possible and how do you do it. I have a copy of TSReader Lite as well as a download of another program but I wanted to look at the entire data stream on my PC. How do I do this.

Also, how do you move the files from the hard drive to PC? Which subdirectory in tfp is this in?

Thanks for your help so far.

im sorry m8 i dont know about streaming/transfering files to the pc drive ect as ive never bothered with it or looked into it but im certain someone will be along to help you soon. glad you got your card working anyway,regards mdt

Firstly, I would ensure that your second router in your setup is not giving out IPs, ie DHCP is switched off. This has potential to cause issues on your network. I dont know if this is waht caused Dreamset or Dbedit to fail for you.

The files are recorded in
/media/hdd/movie/

Easiest thing is to watch them using the webinterface. Click on movies (red arrow on picture) and then the options on the right should be self explanatory. I open the m3u file with VLC.

Using FTP, you will have to download the whole file to your PC before you can watch it. There was a guide on using VLC, can't seem to find it.

Attachments

• Play movies.png
    Play movies.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 14
Thank you. BTW I have managed to record on both hard drive and stick - and the tick is NOT ormatted as linux. I was told by someone at Technomae I would have to reformat the stick to use it in the TWIN OE but in fact it worked earlier today.

Do you happen to know how I can read the entire TS, including all the data tables with TSReader or something like that? I was given a suggestion elsewhere but will have to give it a go.

Also, found os***.info but it gives me a German error message saying the os***.conf is not present or something. Cannot understand German exactly.

BTW, if you are able to sort this later on, please let me know. Sorry it took so long last night but once again, thank you very much.

It should not take as long tonight I can assure you.

Firstly, I would ensure that your second router in your setup is not giving out IPs, ie DHCP is switched off. This has potential to cause issues on your network. I dont know if this is waht caused Dreamset or Dbedit to fail for you.

The files are recorded in
/media/hdd/movie/

Easiest thing is to watch them using the webinterface. Click on movies (red arrow on picture) and then the options on the right should be self explanatory. I open the m3u file with VLC.

Using FTP, you will have to download the whole file to your PC before you can watch it. There was a guide on using VLC, can't seem to find it.
Hi. Can you please remind me what I need to do to make things work properly. I have a superhub main input is an f connector. 4 Etherneets out One goes to my mum's bedroom, one to this PC, one to the TMTWIN and one to a laptop. the Ethernet that WAS in this PC is the input for the router in here - ie the 2nd one.

In order for DHCP to work would I need to run the main feed to the STB or the computer? Please can you remind me.

Thanks. again.

Leave Superhub and wires as they are. If you only have 4 devices and they have individual ethernet cables from router taht is perfect. You said it was not possible last time, so glad you have resolved it. It is the extra router that complicates things. I cannot understand this statement below based on what you said yesterday.
the Ethernet that WAS in this PC is the input for the router in here - ie the 2nd one.

If you want to add devices to your network by using another router as a switch/wireless access point, that is good and fine. However, you have to set it up properly to avoid issues. The settings on the 2nd router must be
Interface IP= different to main router and any other device on network
DHCP = disable
Default gateway= IP of main router eg 192.168.0.1

Leave Superhub and wires as they are. If you only have 4 devices and they have individual ethernet cables from router taht is perfect. You said it was not possible last time, so glad you have resolved it. It is the extra router that complicates things. I cannot understand this statement below based on what you said yesterday.

If you want to add devices to your network by using another router as a switch/wireless access point, that is good and fine. However, you have to set it up properly to avoid issues. The settings on the 2nd router must be
Interface IP= different to main router and any other device on network
DHCP = disable
Default gateway= IP of main router eg 192.168.0.1

It appears my main input is the hub router. Lounge PC goes from there but that computer is on the belkin DHCP settings. The input to this machine is off that Belkin router. So what would I change to get port 8888 working in Wbif? i have a spare plug on the Belkin. If I put a new ethernet from the spare belkin directly to the TWINOE will that work?

Thanks again.

Hello - OK so now I only hae ONE modem in the system. Despite turning off protection for a short time, still noluck with port 8888. Please see PM box.

I checked those configs that MDT uploaded for you. I could connect to the oscam config page without any problems. As far as I am aware, those configs will auto update your entitlements unless you have a card that has the new pairing system.

Considering that you have removed the extra router and have issues transferring a channel list, I would recommend starting afresh. ie flashing a new image. I have uploaded a 4D image. There are a few other images.

Install Oscam from the 4D server. Download 7zip and extract the package MDT uploaded, you will also have to extract twice. The important things are the config files. Manually transfer these (4 of them) to the receiver, they go in /etc/tuxbox/config/ You should be good to go.

The Ondemand and Lraizer's Autobouquets plugins are now on the 4D server so you can install using the remote.

Hi. the ipk is in a folder in /etc/
The .conf, .dvbapi .server and .user are in /etc/tuxbox/config/

Should I move one of the files and if so where? Thanks.

The ipk files are basically installers, they go in /tmp/ directory not /etc/. You must install using the remote.

If you have already transferred the config files, this is a pointless exercise.

The ipk files are basically installers, they go in /tmp/ directory not /etc/. You must install using the remote.

If you have already transferred the config files, this is a pointless exercise.

They can be moved again not to worry. Thanks so far. If you can help me any further please let me know.

Also, with Autobouquets, where is the xml file stored with all the data in?

Back