Phone Unlocking how to do a HARD RESET on NOKIA N73

elite786

Inactive User
Reaction score
somewhere with my tool set, looking for Action ;)
hello, just thought id share this!

last night i decided to flash my normal N73 with the music edition firmware. got the guide and followed it through. phone rebooted ok no probs, i then used the suite to transfer contacts and gallery items! software said success the phone said reboot so i pressed ok.

guess what happened next?

switched itself on i was greeted with "Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer" at this point i was shittin it thinking ive just bricked a brand new N73! nothing worked kept coming to same screen!

heres what you do!

switch fone off. Hold down the green button + no.3 button + the * button. hold all 3 buttons down at same time and the press power while holding those 3 buttons! DONT let go UNTIL it boots past that message and ask you to set the Time, Date, Zone and all that.

worked for me this morning and it was a big relief i also changed back the code to what was on the phone with nss!

hope that helps!

Hmm, debranded and flashed my mate's n73 to the music edition without an issue. Contacts where put on the phone over IR from his old n80 as the n73 was only a few hours old.

Did you use the 'back up phone' option to save your contacts or the save contacts option. Only ask because it was the back up phone option that messed up my n95 when I put them back on... (had to reflash the firmware to fix)

Hmm, debranded and flashed my mate's n73 to the music edition without an issue. Contacts where put on the phone over IR from his old n80 as the n73 was only a few hours old.

Did you use the 'back up phone' option to save your contacts or the save contacts option. Only ask because it was the back up phone option that messed up my n95 when I put them back on... (had to reflash the firmware to fix)

yeh i used the backup phone inc number, gallery and phone settings. when restrogin i accidently clicked the phone settings and thats what made it crash. so i tried the Hard reset and it worked!

i think the old version was better cus it was on 3 network and had alot more features! the music versions all hype! i cant revert back thou :(

Had a quick read and it looks like NSU doesn't allow you to downgrade firmware. Some have tried to brute force a downgrade and ended up bricking their phones (BB5 security measure?).

Only option is to change back to the 3 branded product code and keep checking for a branded firmware with a version number higher than the generic one you've got installed.

Or there is the internet edition. However, you may have the same problem of not liking the features. also the only language packs are Hong Kong’s language pack: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese (product code 0539366) and Taiwan’s language pack: English + Traditional Chinese (product code 0539364)

its possible to downgrade using jaf box

i will let u know in a few days and bb5box is arriving on monday

Back