How to burn an xbox game

eggie

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

New to this , i downloaded a xbox game sonic heroes and how do i copy it, i tried with nero DVD iso format and copied the files plus the defauly xbe file and burned it at 6x speed but my x box wont recognise it, i'm using datawrite dvr -r disc to write it.

any help appreciated .

Thanks
Eggie

hi mate, what you need to do is make sure its a xbox compatible image.

you need soemthing like Qwix that can create the image for you if youve got the 'raw' files.

when you donwloaded it, was it an ISO? did you extract or burn it straight away?

Had no problem with datawrites, if you have downloaded an iso, then just burn it with dvd decrypter at a low speed setting, thats it. No need to add anything.

hi mate, what you need to do is make sure its a xbox compatible image.

you need soemthing like Qwix that can create the image for you if youve got the 'raw' files.

when you donwloaded it, was it an ISO? did you extract or burn it straight away?

hi

I downloaded it and opened it in winrar , it said it was an iso but when unpacked it gave me loads of files within 1 folder plus a separate xbe file. so i burned both files using nero DVD Iso format , as said earlier no luck.

thanks
Eggie

Had no problem with datawrites, if you have downloaded an iso, then just burn it with dvd decrypter at a low speed setting, thats it. No need to add anything.

hi

tried that last nite using dvd decrypter, the game plays so far , meaning it plays the avi bit, O.k when it comes to the original game where u sude the x pad it freezes and starts to make a whirring noise.

thanks
Eggie

xbox game burnin

wen i dwnload a game i use alcohol120,if its just a copied game to blank disc use nero no higher than 8 speed cuz depending on the age ov the xbox the rom will either b 4 speed or 8 speed

couple of points for future reference

1 only use DVD+R - as DVD-R will not work, unless you set the bookmark on them to DVD-ROM

Burn at only 4x speed - nothing higher

people do say to use quality DVD;s but I use the Tesco branded one, burnt over 100 DVD with a failure of 3 DVD's.

couple of points for future reference
1 only use DVD+R - as DVD-R will not work, unless you set the bookmark on them to DVD-ROM
Burn at only 4x speed - nothing higher
people do say to use quality DVD;s but I use the Tesco branded one, burnt over 100 DVD with a failure of 3 DVD's.

hey guys, i just got given a modded xbox, im having the same issue, but im burning iso files direct with nero and burning slow, the only thing different that i use are dvd- but i have games i got with it that are on dvd - and they work :s

Always had better results with dvd -r, if your burning an iso to a disc thats all you burn, if it has seperate .xbe file you would ftp that over. But never downloaded one thats not just an .iso. Burn as slow as you can, if game starts to play then whirrs then possibly dvd drive is on the way out.

im now using dvd -r and tired it with a different brand of disc today with dvd decypter instead of nero, i burnt the disc a 4x and it didn't work on a soft modded xbox or a chipped 1. but the old games that do work are on dvd -r as well so im a lil lost .

Back