How much tobacco can i bring back from Spain ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

My mate reckons it's 3Kg and i have googl;es it to be 1Kg ??

I know you can bring more for personal use etc but want to know above ?

Cheers

Depends on place your visiting you can bring back what you want just don't get caught lol 500g or 200 fags

your supposed to be able to bring back 2 sleeves per person and 500g of backy, but me an the misses always bring back about 12 to 18 sleeves split up in each other's suitcases put 2 in your hand luggage aswell and a few kilo of backy, we have never had a problem walking through, remember people get caught because the bags go through scanners when the come of the plane brake the sleeves up and you wont have a problem.

Buy them in advance over a few days and open several taking a ready-rolled out of a few packs - revenue ain't interested in opened packs ;)

Hi All

My mate reckons it's 3Kg and i have googl;es it to be 1Kg ??

I know you can bring more for personal use etc but want to know above ?

Cheers

Don't think there is a legal limit for full EU countries, provided the amount you have could reasonably be for personal use.
A truckload is not :Biggrin2:. HMRC have an "advisory" limit, not much more than a non EU country, but think it's bluff.
I may be wrong if anyone knows better, but it seems to be a deliberately grey area as a "subtle" threat.
If anyone knows for sure, I would like to know too ?

If you only go once a year, a years supply seems reasonable to me, but laws don't seem to apply to HMRC.
If you're in and out of the country a lot, it's all recorded, and you may be stopped with a suitcase full.
On a annual basis I've brought in around 20 200 packs, split from sleeves as suggested above, party of 2,
spread across 2 suitcases and hand luggage, without challenge.

You have to be more careful from a part EU place like the Canaries, the only time I've been stopped.
Not a pleasant end to a delayed night flight, but they let me off with a warning that a record would be kept.
Not relevant to you though. Have a good time.

50 Sleve per case if your a man :Biggrin2:

You mean if your an idiot :0) not only is there great chance your going to loose all your money your going to end up with a criminal record or at least be put on a black list an everytime you go abroad you will be checked.

My uncle got flagged the first time he got caught with over 20,000 cigs stupid bloke done it again an got 4 month in prison.

But oh yerr he's the man lmao

Sorry are you asking about Sapin or Spain ?

I don't know where Sapin is if its a typo then Spain it is 3Kg of tobacco.

I believe you can bring 3000 cigarettes back from any EU country for personal use only, which I did in 2011 from Greece to London.

Not bringing back cigs only tobacco.

Is it 1kg or 3kg ????

Cheers.

if you read that link it says there is no limits
"Although there are no limits on the amount of alcohol and tobacco you can bring in from EU countries, customs officials are more likely to ask you questions if you have more than the following:

as long as you can prove there for your own personal use you can bring back what you like

True but the only thing HM Revenue & Customs have changed/reduced is the allowance of cigarettes and tobacco, why if there is no limits?

True but the only thing HM Revenue & Customs have changed/reduced is the allowance of cigarettes and tobacco, why if there is no limits?

Because HMRC blatantly operate outside EU law, but, as an individual (in practical terms), there's nothing you can do about it.
Only multinational companies, with armies of legal nit pickers, have the resources to tackle them, and that usually ends in a stalemate,
so they "negotiate tax liability" or some such.

The "guidelines" just set the level at which you may expect some sort of harassment, ranging from a "grilling" to an extensive examination
with a rubber glove, over a period of hours. :Drool: They also revolve around "reasonable" which always struck me as a pointless word,
but we all use it. As a "majority perception", it's fine, but it varies over time, media influence, culture etc, and shouldn't be used in law.

I know someone who stuck with his rights, and (eventually) got through customs fully (in my view unreasonably) loaded.
Next time I met him, two months later, he had been put on an "emergency tax code", having become an HMRC target.
That took over eight months to sort out. There was, of course, no connection !:Laugh:

You mean if your an idiot :0) not only is there great chance your going to loose all your money your going to end up with a criminal record or at least be put on a black list an everytime you go abroad you will be checked.

My uncle got flagged the first time he got caught with over 20,000 cigs stupid bloke done it again an got 4 month in prison.

But oh yerr he's the man lmao

Whatever i know people that got caught £8000 worth took off them and they are allowed 50 sleve each per holiday for personal :Kickassro they go few times a year never get stopped now

Last edited:
Back