How much are Apple TV 2's worth now

smithy69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an apple tv 2 at the gf's house but she only uses it to watch netflix and airplay things over, so I was just thinking I could buy her a 3rd gen and sell the 2nd gen

It's currently untethered and not 100% sure which firmware its on at the mo (will have to check)

It has xbmc and plex and atv flash etc installed but havent touched that stuff for ages.

Any idea how much I could get for it?

Think about £20 inc delivery.
I'll PM my details and you can send it over to me LOL

Looking on the bay and other places they seem to be going for around £150 - £180 and upwards.

Hi mate, they sell for higher than they were new due to people wanting the jailbreak, I've seen them go for 200 quid but some places won't let you sell for more than you paid, so 100 quid is the max

smithy m8 .. sorry im a bit confused by your post..
are u looking to extend the use of your atv2...EG NOT just net-flex/utube...
I have a atv2.. and if you want the JB Route..
WELL if you go on that well known auction site..
there are loads of peeps who would update it.

then you say you have xmbc . but not used it!!!
take my word m8 .. its worth a lot of money yours!!
and NOT £20.. ADD A ZERO!!!!

smithy m8 .. sorry im a bit confused by your post..
are u looking to extend the use of your atv2...EG NOT just net-flex/utube...
I have a atv2.. and if you want the JB Route..
WELL if you go on that well known auction site..
there are loads of peeps who would update it.

then you say you have xmbc . but not used it!!!
take my word m8 .. its worth a lot of money yours!!

I think he was being silly when he said he would give him £20... up lighten!

£20 sounds a great deal... how does special delivery sound chucked in for free too? haha!

Checked it out last night and its on 5.0.1 untethered. Might put it on the bay but might try sell it on here first in the classifieds

its worth a lot of money yours!!

Of course I was being silly. If I or anyone tried to pull a dirty trick like that on here the members would rip me a new one :)

@smithy69 - but I will take you up on that special delivery for free :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an apple tv 1 40gb that was jailbroken and was on all day and it popped, a friend says that its totally gone but I have my thoughts its the power board anybody else had a similar problem.
===
I have a 160gb version which i may give away to anybody who can successfully help me get my v1 working :)
===
I was a bit cheeky and contacted apple if they would do an out of warranty repair and get another apple tv 1 for £60 but they turned me down and said they had none as it is discontinued but happily tried to sell me the apple tv 3..

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think the ATV1 is sold now.. i have a atv2 and well pleased... with it,,
also its not on all day . may be 30 mins here and there!!
as for the atv3.. i sold mine

Apple TV's still go for 150 or above , just because you can jailbreak them install xbmc/fusion installer , check ebay out you will be surprised

Back