how many wireless routers do you have

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
2 x Cisco E2000 running Tomato (one setup as Wireless Ethernet Bridge)
1 x Cisco E3000 running Tomato (one connected to VM SuperHub)
2 x DLink DIR-615D running DDWRT (both setup as Wireless Ethernet Bridge)

Devices connected to network

Wireless

1 x PS3
5 x Android Phones
3 x Laptop
1 x Now TV Box
1 x Wii
1 x PSP

Wired

3 x Desktop
1 x XBox 360
1 x Sky HD Box
1 x DM500S
1 x XBox (Original)

One in the back for the kid's computers
One as an extender for the talktalk one they sent me with just 2 cat5 sockets! (Talktalk have been great otherwise)

And about a billion phones, lappys and wireless devices!

Oh and two sets of homeplug... :sly:

OMG!! What's you 'leccy bill like? Scary I'd imagine!

I have 3. A TPLink adsl modem/router, a Buffalo running DD-WRT and a vanilla SMC for the workshop.

2 x Cisco E2000 running Tomato (one setup as Wireless Ethernet Bridge)
1 x Cisco E3000 running Tomato (one connected to VM SuperHub)
2 x DLink DIR-615D running DDWRT (both setup as Wireless Ethernet Bridge)

Devices connected to network

Wireless

1 x PS3
5 x Android Phones
3 x Laptop
1 x Now TV Box
1 x Wii
1 x PSP

Wired

3 x Desktop
1 x XBox 360
1 x Sky HD Box
1 x DM500S
1 x XBox (Original)

Technically none at the moment.

I have a VM modem which goes directly into my W2K12 server which is running RRAS service to provide NAT network for my internal devices. Hanging off that is a TP-Link 901ND wireless access point which provides wifi for my house. I flood wired with ethernet so anything that can be hard wired is. Wireless devices are 2 x mobile phones, 1 iPod, 2 x tablets and Wii. Also 2 x laptops and 1 x netbook but these are hard wired most of the time.

Sitting in a box waiting to be installed is a VM Superhub 2 which will probably be installed this weekend. This will replace NAT service and the TP-Link WAP. The server will probably end up in the DMZ and continue to provide file and print services to my internal network along with DHCP as I can't edit the DHCP scope values on the superhub 2. Need to do this as I use OpenDNS to provide content filtering as part of my parental controls for my home network.

Just the one ADSL/Wireless router thing.

I want to move away from the reliance of wireless and looking at retractable ethernet cables perm attached to the wall.

1 is quite sufficient for any average household, not discounting access points.

I could be pedantic and say that although they are routers, they are not actually being used for routing, they are actually being used as an AP.

Back