How many council workers does it take to change a letter box?

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just had to have my letter box changed as the postman decided to put a parcel through which wouldn't fit ... So the council turned up earliar this morning to change the letterbox but they took the old letterbox n left me with no letterbox as they had forgotten it :mad: then 15 minutes ago ... 4 yes 4 council workers turned up to fit 1 letterbox and it took them 10 minutes to do so.

Better than a busted one though, isnt it?

My local council refuses to pick up the trash from my address as there are not enough residential properties on my street.

You should see how many it takes to change a Lightbulb
rolleyes-1.gif

Better than a busted one though, isnt it?

My local council refuses to pick up the trash from my address as there are not enough residential properties on my street.

in that case you shold get a discount on your concil tax.

in that case you shold get a discount on your concil tax.
I have tried.

They have told me that there is a residential bin just up the road from me and that I should use this one. I told them this was pish.

Its ok, I wrote a charming letter to Salmond telling him all about it and I got one back from his office three days later saying they will be looking into the issue.

Some clever muppet from the council also decided to lock up the trade waste bins that are closest to me, next day someone had busted the locks on them so people could throw things away again.

You should see how many it takes to change a Lightbulb
rolleyes-1.gif

well there are the three focus groups to discuss the direction the change should take. 3x6 =18

then the six months of council evaluation, on the possible effects on minority groups. 100-400.

two years of work, by social services, to help convince the bulb it really needs to change 200+

finally one dick head to mess up changing it!

So, roughly, between 319-719. sounds like good value for money.

Many years ago, when I was working in Glasgow, one of the vinyl tiles on the floor of the room I was in started to lift at the edge. I reported it to the manager of the premises as I had tripped on it a couple of times.

She came along with a notepad, inspected the tile, and wrote up a report on it.

About a week later, the area maintenance supervisor turned up, inspected the tile closely, and wrote up a report on it.

The following week, a maintenance man and his sidekick turned up to view the tile. "Are you going to fix it" I asked.

"No" he replied, "Were just here to assess what we need to bring with us for the job."

They came back (both of them) to stick it down a couple of days later.

thatsb why they turn up in groups because of their tenants like you all

that's an easy one.

it takes 5

1 to hold the bulb

and 4 to turn the ladder.

No, Thats 10

1 to hold the bulb
4 to turn the ladder
1 to write out the paperwork
1 to brew the tea
1 to go for a newspaper
1 to watch the weather, so if theres a spot of rain, they can knock off early.
and 1 to look out for the gaffer. . .

I don't think the 2 words "Council" and "Worker" should be used together any more.

How many useful words can be made from these 2 useless ones

crow / work / run / lick / cock / cow / cower / rock / lier / cork / wreck / rile / .........

I am surprised officials didnt turn up, when the workers went off to get the new letterbox, to look into the imediate problem lol:Laugh:

this is sandwell council we are talking about they was more than likely given 4 hours to do job :)

there workers are mostly ok but when job is asked to be sorted out by tennant it is then passed on via that many departments it is either lost or duplicated hence more work force turning up but 1 thing you can guarentee is they will always have to nip out to stores for item they dont have

I'm surprised you got your letter box fixed at all, things like that are sometimes covered in your tenancy agreement, therefore tenants responsibility

Back