How great is the PS3?

free online game!!!!! FTW the xbox controllers are big ugly lookin muckley things

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

free online game!!!!! FTW the xbox controllers are big ugly lookin muckley things

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Hey!

What happened to my reply?

I'll not retype it but it basically said....

a. PS3 Online gameplay is shit, nothing but empty session/no servers and every so often even if you do get a connection the wee "connection lost" icon pops up :(

b. Never met anyone before that would rather pay full price for games simply because they didn't like the look of a controller :err:

c. What's more important, FREE GAMES or FREE ONLINE? 13 months online on Xbox Live is only £23, a single PS3 game costs more than this.

d. Since you've never owned any type of Xbox, how can you judge them?

e. I know it's fashionable to 'hate microsoft' but come on now, you're boardering on fanboy-ism :)

Hey come on now, keep it cheerful!

I remember when the PSX came out, I hated the joypad (after being a massive Sega fan). Now all these years later I find it to be the best joypad design, and after three iterations of the console, it has hardly changed a bit.

I am also unsure how to compare the online gameplay. XBox Live is a payed for service, so you would expect it to be a lot slicker than the PSN.

At the end of the day, MS did a great thing with XBLA - it really pushed forwards the concept of online console gaming. Granted, this already existed via Steam etc for the PC - but that was never mass market in the way XBLA is. But, I think MS has made a definite choice in targetting the casual gamer with its console and services. Its an ideal way to make lots of money while it can, and if some great games turn up for hardcore gamers then all the better.

When it comes to longevity, I think Sony has it tied up tight. When it comes to market penetration, MS has won. I wonder how likely it would be to see MS ditch the hardware to concetrate on the software? I mean, if you got XBLA on the PS3 for a monthly fee, everyone would be a winner there...

Nar because the PS3 is shit mate, that's the problem! ;)

lol

OK, it's not shit, it just doesn't live up to my expectations and I need to pay for games, that's about it really.

I watched 'Pathology' (Divx) on it last night, there were a few moments where it wanted to cache during playback but otherwise it was pretty damn excellent (the streaming/video playback/functionality - not the movie), dare I say that it actually upscaled the Divx to 720p or did I just imagine that? Anyways, the image appeared slightly cleaner than the 360 playback of the same title, looks like the PS3 has some filters in play.

I think it is safe to say the most people here dont have a lot of love for it due to the fact everyone needs to buy games for it!! ;)

happy with my ps3 at the moment, never liked the xbox due to the controllers and plasticky look of the thing . if the ps2 is anything to go by (still going strong to this day) then the ps3 will just get bigger and better and in the end outgrow the 360 .
my one gripe with the ps3 is the fan, which is so bloody load when it kicks in to full speed :(

really? Its nothing compared to the 360 fan :)

TBH, I have never thought the PS3 was that noisy, even at full tilt.

I've never heard a sound from my PS3, 360 is so loud it's embarrassing. :)

Yet another person who doesn't like the look of a console, so chooses PS3 over 360, strange people indeed :err:

PS2 is still going strong because Sony are milking it for all it's worth.

Microsoft on the the other hand dropped the Xbox 1 as they had confidence in their new hardware, sadly the same can't be said for Sony's new machine.

Nomatter what Sony say publicly, Sony's console devision are shitting their pants.

;)

Back