How end an eBay auction and sell it as BIN?

M3NTAL

Banned
Reaction score
I've listed an item on eBay as an auction only, however I've been contacted buy an interested party who has offered me more or less the amount I was looking for so I'd like to end the auction and sell it to him as 'Buy It Now'.

I've tried to edit the auction but since someone has already bid (the guy who wants to BIN) I'm not allowed to add a BIN option to the listing.

How can I sell it to the buyer safely and in the proper manner?

just send him a invoice throught the paypal system and then remove the item from ebay
no ebay fees this way and you still get protection as its still thro paypal system

While not wanting to sound like 'goody two shoes' :)

Ebay wouldn't quite see it that way - but there's nothing to stop you...

There's nothing to stop you closing the auction early, give the reason that the buyer met your price.

Be aware that BIN almost ALWAYS falls under Distance Selling Regulations while the auction often doesn't...

You could always let it run if his bid is the highest he will get it anyway, if not you might end up getting more.

I'm keen to end it now as I like to get things over and done with.

I'll send him and invoice, if he pays then I'll remove the listing.

yes, buy it now has extra fees AND comes under distance selling regs - it's like you're a retailer. Personally, i'd let the auction run OR do the trade outside of eBay but get them to pay Bank Transfer. It may make him nervous but give as many personal details as you feel comfortable with.

i would also leave it a couple a days before posting and only post to a verified address
as any scams are 90% picked up by paypal in 2 days

List it again as BIN, get the guy to buy it then cancel the auction one (if there is time to do that, you can't cancel with less than 12 hours to go I think)

Im sure the fees are higher if you did it as a "buy now" anyway.

Last edited:
Im sure the fees are higher if you did it as a "buy now" anyway.

they are but if the OP is happy with an offer then I'm sure his happy with the fees

like the old days with the loot, you have somethink marked up for £50 and soneone turns up on your doorstep with £35 notes on a Friday night and you say fcuk done deal ;-)

I've listed an item on eBay as an auction only, however I've been contacted buy an interested party who has offered me more or less the amount I was looking for so I'd like to end the auction and sell it to him as 'Buy It Now'.

I've tried to edit the auction but since someone has already bid (the guy who wants to BIN) I'm not allowed to add a BIN option to the listing.

How can I sell it to the buyer safely and in the proper manner?

Try cancelling the bid and then add buy it now, and tell him once done

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

can u trust the person that is wanting to buy it ?
i would just let it go as it is c what u get.

Back