How do I set up Hard Drive after Installing

donmega

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just before I slap my 120 gb hard drive in my xbox I would like to know how to set it up so I can use it !

Thanks

The best program to use is a proggy called Slayer 2.6.

or if you have the Evox Bios, you can go through the setup wizard - more complicated as you need to crack open the box.

Slayer is the best option.

ok got slayer! so how does it work ????... Instructions please

the manual.

ive read this a hundred times, and am still unsure how to procede lol

All you do is, put the disk in the drive.

Boot to your chip.

The Slayer disk will then autoboot, and you get a list of options.

Choose option 3 for installing on either a New drive or a retail (original) drive.

as you have a new dive you will select new drive.

you will get all sorts of disclaimers, but proceed.

The Slayer prog, will then proceed to format and partition the disk, and install all the apps.
go and get a brew:)

once complete, you will remove the disk. power cycle the box, boot to the chip and you will be presented with a new dashboard:)

Have fun

Aid auto installer deluxe 2.11 final seems to have a lot more in it

unleashx boot disk is far better it even detects your using a new hd does everything for you

can i ask a question i hope its not daft, my bro has a xbox chipped and wants to upgrade hard drive i understand just to swap over and i have the slayers disc, do i need anything from the old hard drive?????

thank you

r6driver said:
can i ask a question i hope its not daft, my bro has a xbox chipped and wants to upgrade hard drive i understand just to swap over and i have the slayers disc, do i need anything from the old hard drive?????
thank you
Not really you could backup your old saved games mind ready for the new hdd

r6driver said:
thank you

You can just swap over to the new HD no problem. You ony really need to back up your original HD if you plan on installing a new dashboard or slayers SW on to your original HD.

If u want to keep all your game saves or back-ups then you will need Evox so you can FTP. The saved games are in UDATA & TDATA (i think) so just FTP that across (I used FLASH FXP).

so, sorry about this and bare with me

put in new hard drive (with nothing on it) and run slayers discs, no need to network?

Back