how do i remove hidden pair of sliders tm2600 motor help

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just discovered that the TM2600 has hidden sliders that stop the east and west limits. How do I go about removing these. I have only had this motor 5 years! Was searching around for something else and found this out. Looked at the manual and nothing in there about it,
Anybody on here have any experience of doing this. Nothing on youtube or pictures around. Emailed Technomate but had no reply.
Any advice on this etc. does it need the removal of the dish or can you do with it still on it?

Thanks

Why would you want to remove them? If the motor doesn't track the full arc then perhaps it is faulty. 5 years is pretty good going if it has been outside all that time- I've seen motors die in half that time.

Why would you want to remove them? If the motor doesn't track the full arc then perhaps it is faulty. 5 years is pretty good going if it has been outside all that time- I've seen motors die in half that time.

Fair enough you have a point really. Just wanted to know how to remove them for future when I require a new one.

Well if you discover your old motor it past it, why not open it up and see for yourself? Take pictures/video while you're at it and share with us. I am curious myself now!
My own DiSEqC motor is starting to show its age now, it has a bit of play and is unusable even in moderate wind. When I do get around to replacing it I will undoubtedly be pulling it apart to see what makes it tick. I will try to document it.
What I do know for sure is there is a video on YouTube which wrongly tells you that you can reduce the play by twiddling with the two Allen-headed bolts.

Well if you discover your old motor it past it, why not open it up and see for yourself? Take pictures/video while you're at it and share with us. I am curious myself now!
My own DiSEqC motor is starting to show its age now, it has a bit of play and is unusable even in moderate wind. When I do get around to replacing it I will undoubtedly be pulling it apart to see what makes it tick. I will try to document it.
What I do know for sure is there is a video on YouTube which wrongly tells you that you can reduce the play by twiddling with the two Allen-headed bolts.

Will defiently do that when it comes to it. Thanks for the heads up on the video on youtube. I will avoiud that.

The 2 slider stops are exactly that East and west Limits for the motor itself the idea being if you installed your dish on a wall and its most easterly or westerly satellite was say 30° then you would set the slider to stop at around 30° so as the motor will not move past that point, when the sliders are fully set apart you should be able to move to an ARC spread of around 70° either side. I would certainly say it is not advisable to remove them unless you setup can see satellites that are further than 70° apart both sides

The 2 slider stops are exactly that East and west Limits for the motor itself the idea being if you installed your dish on a wall and its most easterly or westerly satellite was say 30° then you would set the slider to stop at around 30° so as the motor will not move past that point, when the sliders are fully set apart you should be able to move to an ARC spread of around 70° either side. I would certainly say it is not advisable to remove them unless you setup can see satellites that are further than 70° apart both sides

Thanks great info

Last edited:

what make & model is that motor, there's some with that design that were just badly made so it all turns round inside, you might find if you take it apart it's a case of having to hold the nut on the inside & maybe adding a lock with hotmelt or a resin based glue etc. so you can tighten it up in the future. Satellite Superstore have badged one like that under their Primesat name, same problem, might get chance to open one up, it's one a customer bought.

Clues in the topic title

Very good Manic (digi247 liked this post lol),

but if you re read it, it's referring to Trevortrons' motor

A warning to anyone thinking of removing those limit sliders on the Moteck design motors such as the TM2600/ 2300/ 2100 & several others, you really need to know how they work before doing anything like that, they are not only limit sliders to limit a dish hitting a wall etc,

they are also the safety limits for the motor itself, without them you can not only trash the motor but also drive the dish into it's own brackets & trash that too & then there's the receiver being trashed as it overloads it.

you could consider modifying them & instead move them a bit to get 70 degrees+ but still offer final limit protection, as the Moteck motors tend to stop somewhere in the 60s in the UK as a rule.

I like all of manics posts:hubbahubba: you forgot the pedro2000uk moniker as well

I remember that video for the slack on motor it was for a motek I think.
I think was originally on sat.co.uk

that might have been for the Moteck design diseqc motors but Trevortron's has 2 x Allen key adjusters which says it's not the Moteck design

There was a pdf for the Moteck adjustments around for years - that was wrong too lol wonder how many motors got screwed up with that

anyway - Trevortron's motor sounds like it's doable on the bench so hopefully saves buying a new one, they can last a very long time indeed if properly installed, 10-15yrs & maybe over 20 years, the wormdrive & main gear design is very good, just avoid moving in gales.

Back