How do I re-enable talkback in an SA4000 (picture of problem)

Pie Eyed

Member +
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have 2 boxes, a Pace (which I think I can sort out), and an SA DVB4000 which is giving me a real problem.

To cut talkback on this box, I had to remove two legs from the D4 chip, and I suspect that I scratched out the PCB track as well because its in such an awkward place.

Can anyone tell me whether it's even possible to re-enable TB on this box ???

I have attached a picture with the two "missing" legs highlighted.

Thanks

well you would have to re-brigde legs you snapped of, you would have been better doing the wire from resistor to tuner can to disable tb

on another note once tb is disabled on these stb's there a feckin nightmare responding to controls from remote and jam up

Hi guys.

I have 2 boxes, a Pace (which I think I can sort out), and an SA DVB4000 which is giving me a real problem.

To cut talkback on this box, I had to remove two legs from the D4 chip, and I suspect that I scratched out the PCB track as well because its in such an awkward place.

I have attached a picture with the two "missing" legs highlighted.

Thanks
only way is to scrape some of the chip covering back till u can see the legs and solder wire onto them and back to where the track is

like this

i butchered my legs and tracks bit to much to resolder..any other ways yet ??..help!!

why are you wanting to reconnect TB anyway if you don't mind me asking?

tbc

Back