Ring Tones How Do I?? (Nokia 7250i)

billyhl

Inactive User
Reaction score
O.K guys and girls, i have just bought the new nokia 7250i for me and the other half!. I have used logomanager etc before and can get any logo's/ringtones to all dct3 + (certain) dct4phones via internet/cable/infra-red(on-phone), but this phone does not have i/r and logomanager does not recognise the new polyphonic ringtones that i have downloaded?
Questions.
1. How do i get polyphonic ringtones uploaded to the phone?.
2. How do i get logo's etc uploaded to the phone?.
Now here's the hard part!, i would like sensible answers detailing all software required and how to use it, if cables are required then please try to state where people can buy them from and remember that "newbies" may look in on this thread and think "thats what i want to do?" so therfore we could all save a lot of time by giving precise answers!.Huggi could certainly do with your help here and if gazer or mickie are looking in and could give any advice it would be gratefully appreciated. regards to all Billyhl

billy you need a data cable some on e bay from £4 you could use nokia manager available usually with the data cable or of the nokia site The phone doesnt really accept logos as its a colour screen it has wallpaper images as jpegs so you could have a picture of something on the screen if you want as far as using the software is concerned its quite stright forward just save the inages or ring tones to the correct folder on the phone

You could also try oxegen m8 i have a 3510i and the new version works great, you will need the new vesion if you use xp.

Nokia 7250i Cable?

Thanks for the replies guys, but , have just bought the cable and tried it with the phone and guess what? it doesn't work!, all that happens is the phone either locks up or switches off when you connect the cable???. I have downloaded nokia phone manager 5.16 which is for the 7250i but it says "no phone connected" even though it is connected, i am running windows 98se with the phone on com1.
regards to all Billyhl.

Hey there m8 I bought a data cable as I have the same phone but mine plugs into the usb port of my computer and it wasn't the official cable either I've uploaded games and ringtones without problems except ut doesn't seem to update the photos properly
the phone locking up/switching off sounds odd are you sure the cable is wired properly?

i use a data lead on com1 with oxygen phone manager with no probs for pics, games or tones

Back