How do I get XBMC onto a chiiped XBOX

Budgie

Inactive User
Reaction score
I downlaoded XBMC and want to install it to my chiiped Xbox. I believe you need to install the XBMC to the e:/apps directory. Can you do this by some form of disc transfer using another application or does it need to be done by ftp ?

Cheers

This can be done either by FTP or by burning on a disc then using a another app to copy the files over.

As long as all the files have been copied over it shouldnt be a problem.

You should also consider using the Aideluxe disc, that will do everything for you and allow you to choose whichever dash you want.

like Jaffa. said, there are discs available which will format and install all the applications u could ever want, personally I use the Slayers disc but I've also used the Auto-Installer Deluxe discs, both are excellent :)

If you have Usenet access, Slayers 2.7 is available.

like Jaffa. said, there are discs available which will format and install all the applications u could ever want, personally I use the Slayers disc but I've also used the Auto-Installer Deluxe discs, both are excellent :)

I used both too - i prefer AID but whatever you can get your hands on

You could simply ftp the xbmc folder using flashxp to your apps folder.

If you want to make it your default dashboard simply download a program called "xbe shortcut maker" and use it to create ashortcut with name default (select target patch as e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe). Then simply replace the one in the dashboard folder with the one you just created and reboot.

I think the aides disk can also do all this for you too.

Back