how do i configure my router to work with my ds

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys i can get on to my routers cofig page now but not sure what i need to change to get my ds working it finds router but says it cannot connect to the internet im guessing i need to do somthing with the port forwarding in the gaming application section of the configuration but i havnt a clue what to do also my ds is in the active application drop down window so there fore my router must have found it too

you need to know what port your DS uses for online gaming and enter it into port forwarding.

zhinkler said:
you need to know what port your DS uses for online gaming and enter it into port forwarding.

i see m8 how do i find that out were do i need to look?

ok i have been given these ports as the ports the ds uses 28910,29900,29901 and 29920 now im not sure were i have to put these can anyone help

use the website i told you, find you router, then pick one of the games as an example and then put ur own ports in.

well Ive tried everything cant get the stupid thing to work but looking around seems alot of people are having problems Nintendo even do a usb dongle specifically for the ds and theres even loads of problems with those so maybe ill forget wireless play just so annoying i bet someone experienced could sort this no probs because there are solutions out there but I'm probably just not doing it right ah well thanks for your help all

zhinkler said:

yeah ive tried using there support m8 no good im thinking theres maybe something in router settings thats disabled and should be enabled or visa versa also ive email nintendo asking them for there port numbers/ranges so hopefully i can try it that way

Back