Hotmail Passwords Hacked!!!

hackmax

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hxxp://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/10/05/thousands-of-hotmail-passwords-leaked-online

Neowin has received information regarding a possible Windows Live Hotmail "hack" where password details of thousands of Hotmail accounts have been posted online.

An anonymous user posted details of the accounts on October 1 at pastebin.com, a site commonly used by developers to share code snippets. The details have since been removed but Neowin has seen part of the list posted and can confirm the accounts are genuine and most appear to be based in Europe. The list details over 10,000 accounts starting from A through to B, suggesting there could be additional lists.

Neowin has reported this immediately to Microsoft' Security center and to Microsoft's PR teams in the UK and US and we are currently awaiting feedback on the situation. As this is a breaking story please check back frequently as the story will be updated as soon as more information becomes available.

If you are a Windows Live Hotmail user Neowin recommends that you change your password and security question immediately.

I would advise all hotmail users to change there passwords.

EDIT: I personally don't belive the details came from Microsoft Hotmail but more liekly one of these scam sites (enter your email and we will tell you who blocked you).

Last edited:
cheers m8 all changed here

thanks for that m8....

Cheers mate just changed mine in case.

Iv seen the list an it does contain lots of 'A trough B`s' for hotmail.com.

But it also contains a good bunch of hotmail.co.uk, gmail, yahoo, comcast and AOL email.

Iv seen the list an it does contain lots of 'A trough B`s' for hotmail.com.

But it also contains a good bunch of hotmail.co.uk, gmail, yahoo, comcast and AOL email.

any idea where a list of mails can be seen? just want to check my addresses and my mums as shes guilible when it comes to links online.

*edit* acturally u proberly shouldnt link to it, could cause probs for the site.

Last edited:
Its doing the rounds.

Having said that its only a tiny percentage of hotmails considering there is millions worldwide, think any of us would be very unlucky to be on the list.

Would seem they are captured by sites that claim they will tell you who has blocked you on msn if you input your email and pass.

Most seem to be from USA, Mexico and Scandinavia.

have since just had a look, none of my familys addresses or mine are on there. not that i used that block site that they supposidly came from.

Would seem they are captured by sites that claim they will tell you who has blocked you on msn if you input your email and pass.

It's hard to believe that people can be that dumb. :grayno:

It's hard to believe that people can be that dumb. :grayno:

It is for the computer savy but how many accounts do you think are children related?

The internet is rife for children but how many parents have a decent knowledge to teach or monitor their children while online?

Back