HOME MADE - Linux Multiple Wan Routers

hey guys, i got a Belkin F5D7235-4 router (the 125 turbo mode one) i cant find any info on flashing this router.... everything i see is for the F5D7230-4.

is it still possible to flash this router? as i would like to have a go (as i want dual/triple/quad wan connections), its either that or i set up my old pc to use linux and do it that way, would rather use the router thou.

thanks guys!

p.s. i did have a read of nearly all these posts lmao, instructions are kinda dispersed, was wondering is it a case of flashing using tftp with a wired ethernet cable, with maybe a little bit of telnet/ssh involved?

hi chaps, scrap that last message i just got webif installed, many thanks

glad you got it working, virgin dont have much capacity over the current 20mbit they offer, i tend to get 30mbit MAXXXX.

theyre network is a pile of w*nk

@solster: Unfortunately it looks like you're out of luck. From this thread on the OpenWrt forums, your router has only got a 2mb flash chip, so it won't run OpenWRT (although there is work to get it going on such a small chip,but I don't think it will happen anytime soon, and may be severely limited). I don't know about other flavours of firmware, but I'd imagine that you're stuck with the belkin default at least for now.

Your best bet is to either get a supported router, or use an old PC. Also note that the methods outlined in this thread don't involve any kind of real load balancing. It is (theoretically) possible to do load balancing properly, but it would take a long time to set up and get working properly (I'm going to give it a go in a few weeks when I've got some free time). The current version detailed in this thread routes on ip address, so it only works well for torrents and multi homed newsgroup servers.

In the long run, you may be better off getting a real dual wan router.

well i've sofar managed 3614kbs download :) which i dont expect to exceed but my 166 upload is looking a bit pitiful now, please tell me ur itending to release scripts fo 4 modems...

@solster: Unfortunately it looks like you're out of luck. From this thread on the OpenWrt forums, your router has only got a 2mb flash chip, so it won't run OpenWRT (although there is work to get it going on such a small chip,but I don't think it will happen anytime soon, and may be severely limited). I don't know about other flavours of firmware, but I'd imagine that you're stuck with the belkin default at least for now.

i suspected as much :( bah never mind! thanks for checking for me mate.

i got a 20mb modem and an 8mb (BT one), perfect for a dual wan router, but then if i get another modem im back to square one. will have a looksy at wingate and see how that goes as i jus got my old pc back with 3 NIC's, trying to figure out how to do load balancing on that, been playing about with linux and xp, will see what happens, more than likely be back here asking questions again! lol.

The most I have had at a sustained period of at least 10s was 4050KB/s.

Wingate is a pile of shi*

Any news on the triple or quad wan script yet ?

The link for the script seems to be down guys, just wondering if theres a mirror or anything of it?

ive got open-wrt on now fancy giving it a go

Got 2 modems here as well. :Cheers:

has anyone tried pfense? an alternative to wingate?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back