Hitachi 79

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been handed an hitachi 79 on lt2 to upgrade but have not done one of these in a long time.

Im using the usbpro and can get the drive into mode b, but I think i have to restore the drive, I dont have the drives details so im very weary that I need the drive key in case of any issues, I cant seen to unlock it, i have the cd inside but everytime I go to unlock it it tells me i cant etc etc.

I have also read that I cant use the usbpro for hitachi 79 drives, is that correct, as if so im going to have to try and find my old sata card and set that back up, what a pain, I just want to grab the drive key then I will be happy and can then try and return to stock then re flash but until I can use the 79 unlock then its impossible, unless someone can tell me where im going wrong.

I did see the hitachi drive appear in the drop down list once, and i went to dump the drive but it failed, again, it was not unlocked

Any help would be appreciated

The usbpro will do all drives mate if have just done a 79 , i left the LED on blue , don`t switch to mode b , get drive seen in JF , put the unlock cd in the drive , press `79 unlock` tab , it should spit the cd out once unlocked , click `dump drive` save the firmware it dumps , then click restore firmware , making sure the stock firmware is in the JF folder.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Yeah just got it done, i found it easier using the power from the 360 for some reason, took a few attempts to get it to unlock, that was the sticking point, still, all done now cheers, still hate the hitachi drives :p

Back