Linux hide ip address and forward ports

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi I have ubuntu installed and I wish to hide my ip address and also be able to access my forwarded ports. I want to hide my ip address as I do not want people to know my location and i also need to access certain devices on my network hence the reason i need to access my ports that i have forwarded.

I also use a dyndns name to translate the ip address to a name.

If i go to CMD and ping the ip address or the name it says my current location, But i wish to be able to ping the same address and hope it gives a different ip address or secure it more propely. Tools like ip look up can locate a ip address location, i am hoping that i can trick the internet to make it think i am based in the USA for example.

if anyone can help it would be great

you mean like use a proxy service to watch hula and stuff.

port forwarding can be done on your router. Read the manual.

i had a 30 day trial with a company that hid your ip address every day,and changed your ip address as well, one day your in panama next day holland,berlin,you name it they were brilliant unfortunatly i let it lapse, but i will look it up and post it for you

hide your ip address type it into yahoo and take your pick you will know what suits you

Port forwarding is done on the router.

I am wondering why you want to hide your IP address. Its a address on the web, the best they can do is track you down to which area you live in and that does not always work correctly. You alternative is pass all your traffic through a proxy service which will limit your bandwidth.

Just make sure you are not forwarding any ports you don't use and you will be fine. Oh and make sure that remote admin on your router is switched off.

Back