Hey Guys, I need some help with Wifi etc :)

Alom1988

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I am hoping someone here can find the solution to my issue..

Basically = Me and a few others have Converted my Aunts garage into an office..
Now the only issue is internet.. there is no phone line here and so we can just get internet
here like that unfortunately.

So we are using the Internet from inside the house and Trying to Connect to the Router.
The Router is on the other side of the house and it is about 12-15 metres away from the rooms in the garage.
Also it goes through two brick walls and like two other walls inside the house..

====

I have bought a repeater to send the wireless further but to no avail

This Repeater ==> TP-Link TL-WA701ND 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Access Point: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

====

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this or has anyone had a similar issue before??
Please help me out!!

Thanks Guys Much Appreciated :)

Last edited:
Ok thanks for that Exos.
I get about 1-2 bars from the Garage now and so I think with a little push it will get here..
can I ask did your daughter's room get signal after the repeater you bought??

Thanks my friend :)

That's exactly the same as what I've just said lol

@Alom, It was a powerline adapter with wireless (if you click the text it should open it up), the URL i linked is the next model up, but essentially does the same thing. She now gets full signal.

are the routers ddwrt compatible, as I have setup a wifi repeater bridge using ddwrt with no problems . so now my upstairs devices (dm500s, xbox for media player) is connected to my main network via wifi and havent seen any issues with signal.

Back