Help! Xbox 360 washer issue

cheesey

Member ++
Reaction score
Took apart my 360 to save time for someone to jtag it and like an idiot took all the screws out of the inner case and turned it upside down and all the washers, sink etc fell out!!

I've now got 40 washers(Previous Xclamp Fix) and not entirely sure how many go where.

Can anyone advise how many go in the 8 screw holes, i assume 5 but do they go on the board or beneath??

Will there be a problem with the glue??

Thanks in advance

Cheesey

[heatsink]
[metal washer]
[nylon washer]
[motherboard]
[metal washer]
[screw]

thats how i do them, there may be more but they arnt needed... all you need to make sure is there is 2 washers between the motherboard and the heatsink, as it makes up to 2mm, which is the gap required for you not to break the graphics/processor chip

by sounds of it they have drilled the case etc all of that, just make sure the washers are as above and should be fine :)

Thanks for that. dont suppose you've got a pic of a xenon motherboard as google just comes up with jtag vids. Don't want to get the bits that fell out in the wrong place!!

only parts that should of fell out is the heatsinks?

excuse my ignorance but yes i think so! i assume they only go 1 way so you cant get them the wrong way round?

Also how do i get under the motherboard as i can't see whats holding it in bar these black 'pegs' on the base. Don't want to break it!

the fan needs to come out to get the motherboard out once thats out then lift it from the front and pull it up and towards the back of the console it should come out like that nice and easy ..

heatsinks are easy enough to figure out :)

its all gone tits up now. got a m8 to jtag it with the nand-x kit and now I get 2 red lights. i assume i need to do the xclamp fix again or should I give up and buy an already jtagged box?

Back