help with Wii and internet

cyber2k1

Inactive User
Reaction score
finaly got my Wii on friday : spook :
loving it finaly got to play zelda in english after working my way through the jap ver on the gc,

any way bk to the matter at hand, i was trying to get it to connect to my internet set up, but keep gettin error,
the way i got it set up is

Modem connected to computer vir network card, then i got a other networkcard and a usb wifi dodge (belkin) bridged to and the main connection shared with it

as the other network card is connected the the 360 and the wifi is sending it through to the other room,
works fine, but when tryin to get the wii to connect it shows the connection but just doesnt want to connect to it, has any one got it to connect like this?

ive been thinkin of gettin the adapter so i can just cable it up,
but i thought first i would ask just to c if any1 has done it

thx lin adv

:Wave:

finaly got my Wii on friday : spook :
loving it finaly got to play zelda in english after working my way through the jap ver on the gc,

any way bk to the matter at hand, i was trying to get it to connect to my internet set up, but keep gettin error,
the way i got it set up is

Modem connected to computer vir network card, then i got a other networkcard and a usb wifi dodge (belkin) bridged to and the main connection shared with it

as the other network card is connected the the 360 and the wifi is sending it through to the other room,
works fine, but when tryin to get the wii to connect it shows the connection but just doesnt want to connect to it, has any one got it to connect like this?

ive been thinkin of gettin the adapter so i can just cable it up,
but i thought first i would ask just to c if any1 has done it

thx lin adv

:Wave:

what error code do you get?

its
error code 51030
unable to find access point. please confirm the SSID and try again,

its
error code 51030
unable to find access point. please confirm the SSID and try again,

that to me sounds like your router is either not sending the ssid out or you need to set the ssid of the wii to the ssid of the router itself.

i would try to setup connection with all security disabled first m8 then you will be able to trouble shoot conection from the ground up.

sorry m8 after re-reading my 1st post i can c its not clear at all,
i dont hav a router the cable modem is connected to my computer and then its shared with other network card through the brige,

i removed the usb wifi i hav froim the bridge and had my main connection shared directed to the wifi,

the Wii see's the connection but just gets stuck when testin the connection, ive tryed settin it up manuly but no joy there,

just wanted to ask b4 goin and gettin there adapter so i can cable it up

sorry m8 after re-reading my 1st post i can c its not clear at all,
i dont hav a router the cable modem is connected to my computer and then its shared with other network card through the brige,

i removed the usb wifi i hav froim the bridge and had my main connection shared directed to the wifi,

the Wii see's the connection but just gets stuck when testin the connection, ive tryed settin it up manuly but no joy there,

just wanted to ask b4 goin and gettin there adapter so i can cable it up

i had the same problem with my lads ds that was to do with the transmission rates if i remember correctly. with the ds being b certified it likes slower transfer rates so it had to be set for 1-2mbps.

Right one thing to take a look at is to first of all do the following on your pc to get some information to put into the wii .

Goto start > run and typ cmd , then type ipconfig/all

take a note of the 2 lines of numbers on the last line which is dns servers .

Go into the wii settings for your internet connection and there is a page to input the dns server info .

Oh and you might want to try and set a static ip address on it .

hi guys sorry i havent gotten bk sooner, im on nights on the moment and havent had a chance to try anything,
but ive got it working it seems that my belkin was the prob, my friend gave me the wifi max that he used for his psp and everthing is up and running just waittin for the updates to finsh now

thx again guys

Back