help with mw2

sunhill

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys
give me some ideas i m a bit lost here

my friend has given me a console with liteon 0 f.w 1.6 ixtreme

been trying to run the backup copy, but it just says cannot read media.
i have tried using the the activate iso,
burnt it on a d/l disc and when i run it, it gives me a message please play the disc in xbox 360 something like that

and when i put the game - mw2 .. still it cannot read the disc.

the disc works fine in his other console

any ideas please, what i should be doing
thanks

have you tried turning the 360 off, then ,put the activate dvd in?

hi guys
give me some ideas i m a bit lost here

my friend has given me a console with liteon 0 f.w 1.6 ixtreme

been trying to run the backup copy, but it just says cannot read media.
burnt it on a d/l disc and when i run it, it gives me a message please play the disc in xbox 360 something like that

and when i put the game - mw2 .. still it cannot read the disc.

the disc works fine in his other console

any ideas please, what i should be doing
thanks

did u burn it to a single layer of a dual layer disk, if you didn't it won't work

You dont "run" the activate.iso. You need to goto system settings and turn off autobooting the disc. Then you put the activate disc in; it will say play dvd. Then just take it out and put in the game disc, and play. :)

thanks for the ideas
i will give it a go,

just another question, do the games need to be patched to wave 3 or 2 or something like that ? did do a bit of reading, just wasnt sure.

thanks. will let you guys know how it goes.

did try all the things

put the disc in, turned the 360 off, turned it back on, the console does not boot .. it just hangs up with the main screen, saying xbox360. and i cant even eject the disc.

the disc is burnt on a dual layer, and burnt the image on both the layers at the minimum speed available.

however when i insert the disc into the console, it just makes funny noises and does nothing after that and i get a message play dvd

and when i put the mw2 it just gives me the message play dvd

thats guys, i did get it sorted finally

burnt the disc onto the first layer, and it worked fine on the liteon

and had to repatch it with abgx for it to run without the activate disc in samsung

brill guys. thanks a lot :Cheers:

if you put the 1.61 firmware on the sammy , you wouldnt have to patch the games.

i shouldnt have had to, but the copy my friend had wouldnt work in the samsung without the activate disc.

it failed the abgx checks on something like video splits, so had to download some video file to correct that error, worked fine after that.

Back