Created
Type
Size
Owner
Author
Title
Comments

MD5 Hash Value

now i have find a nice script that will do all this, part from the MD5 Hash Value part

anyone got a clue how i can change this script to make it output the md5 hash value

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

cheers for any help with this,,been pulling my hair out for days trying to edit this

how are you calculating MD5 hash ?

lol...you just hit it on the head mate ,

been doing some reading on this and i was thinking it was saved info like the rest of the info i am pulling ,but in the case of the md5 it not part of the file but as you say it calculated

so with this new info i have a feeling that this can not be done just with Excel

as this is for work and we have no admins rights and it would take years for a new program to be passed by our I.T Guys , i will be doing this by hand :-(...crap

I did see a way but it will be slow. Are they big files?

Google MD5 with VBA.

why do you need to do it by hand, the file only has to be readable to calculate the MD5 hash. You can either use a standalone EXE and the shell object to run it for each file or as Spectre say download VBA or VBS for calculating it within your script. If you put the code in the section where you retrieve the file values that should do the trick.

BTW, your script is limiting in some ways, max 65k files for example (excel 2007 onwards can manage 2 millions rows BTW) and little bit inefficient in places.

I've written a VBS script which writes to a CSV file which should be simpler to follow. If you are interested then I can see if I can grab a copy and post it here.

file size is about 40-100mb

if you could find your script oneman and post it here i would be grateful

then i just need to do a bit of gloogle to see if i can work out how to make this work

cheers for all the reply so far

Back