help with dreamcast please

dizzy1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi my son was given a dreamcast & loads of games he loved it to bits but it just stopped reading the discs for no aparent reason, when it loks like it is going to work it reboots also sometimes hear a few clicks not a gamer so not sure my lad is desperate to get it fixed so any help most welcome. T.I.A :Cheers:

Not sure mate, but that sounds pretty terminal :-(

You could pick up another machine off ebay for only a couple of quid mind you

Hi have another 1 now but would like to fix old 1 if poss for back up:THANKS:

Hi my son was given a dreamcast & loads of games he loved it to bits but it just stopped reading the discs for no aparent reason, when it loks like it is going to work it reboots also sometimes hear a few clicks not a gamer so not sure my lad is desperate to get it fixed so any help most welcome. T.I.A :Cheers:

I have a old dream cast with exactly the same problem i use a lense cleaner and it works for half an hour are so then starts crashing again some times it just reboots and reboots as soon as the welcome screen shows i reckon its just the sensor thats gone I have loads a old stuff for it though if you pay for postage ill send it all on blaze case extra joypads boot disc 20 games about 10 original ones memory cards let me know if the any good to you.

You will find guys that the laser is out of sync a common problem with the dream cast especialy if you used a boot disc mine went out of sync which stops it reading discs it is quite east to resync if not take it to a repair shop and they will do it for you!

Hi thanks very much for advice not got it going (but think its my heavy hands) will keep trying big thanks to all.: colors1

Thanks for the info sargieboy worked a treat for my dead dreamcast :). Sorry to hear it didn't sort yours dizzy1, I found it easier to adjust with a small screwdriver i woundn't try with pliers.

Back