help with acer aspire one

sunhill

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys
got hold of one of those silly acer aspire one .. a110, with 512 ram n 8gb ssd

now its refusing to boot,
took it apart, thought it might be ram problem, installed an extra 1gb chip, no result.
it just shows a green power light, and the fan spins, but that is it.

does give me a boot screen once in a good few attempts, but then hangs

any suggestions or ideas ??
thanks

Can you boot off cd / dvd rom? as in the windows disc? it might be a hard disc issue. try booting off cd, see what happens. you can change the settings in bios (boot options) and get it to boot off cd first then hard drive.

no, it just wont boot, hardly get the post screen.
and if i get the post screen and try going into bios, it crashes
.. and if i allow it to boot, still crashes. no win situation at the moment

thanks

Try leaving the cmos battery out for a few minutes and reset the bios. If its not memory and not HDD (evedent to it not even booting bios) it looks as if it could be a dud MB.

You could always try plugging a monitor into the VGA port and see if its a screen issue, can't see how that would be the issue though.

Can you boot off cd / dvd rom? as in the windows disc? it might be a hard disc issue. try booting off cd, see what happens. you can change the settings in bios (boot options) and get it to boot off cd first then hard drive.

they dont have a cd/dvd drive its a net book.

either its a fooked bios or the operating system is done, either way its a bootable usb job.

thanks for the reply guys.
tried everything i could, pulled it apart again, removed the battery, but it just did not want to boot. so i guess its looks like its a return product .. so gonna take it bck , and get a refund.

thanks again all of you

Back