Help this Novice Please.

morashid679

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm a pure novice when it comes to sorting things on my PC and now I've been having this problem for the last couple of days and cant sort it.

Everytime I boot my PC and when it comes to my desktop I cant see any of my icons or even the start button.

Could it be that my hdd is full and its causing this, as my hdd is partiotioned and everything gets saved on c: and if I try to move anything to d: it states that it will lose important data and my programs may not work correctly.

Thank's

hi
dont know whats causing it but ive had a similar problem but only on 1 user on my comp and not the administrator so i just deleted that user and then made an extra user again and that sorted it

but that might not be any good for you ............. you could try pressing f10 when your pc is in dos when starting up and goin to last known good configuration

hope this helps

your profile may be corrupt.
you could create a new user, assign admin rights to that user and then login as that user. if you successfully complete the login procedure then you can try copy any documents from the other users profile and then delete the profile.

just a long shot but can you see your desktop background if so try changing your screen resolution if the other ideas dont work i know it sounds too simple to work but somtimes the answers just are

have u tried to hit/press windows key from ure keyborad...if not check that...see if u get anything on screen

also reboot ure machine and keep hitting f5 or f8 (one of them can't remember which key it is).....ure computer will show a black screen with a menu...one of the options will be login windows using Safe Mode...try that

post back, if u can login this way and what u see on screen

Without Icons or start menu u gunna have trouble finding user management

You may need to do this from safe mode.

hit f8 after bios screen or splash screen
select safe mode with network support.

hold "windows key" and tap "R"
type in "control userpasswords"
click ok

Try holding down ctrl+Alt+Del keys together which should bring up the task manager. Once that is up go to New Task tab and enter explorer.exe in the run box and then hit OK. This should then bring the task bar up with the start button etc.

Let us know how you get on.

Back