Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help Required: Porting Mobile Number

mas123

Inactive User
Greetings All!

I am thinking of purchasing a platinum mobile phone number from one of these special sites.
Basically they sell you a pay as you go sim which has a memorable number i.e. 07956-600-600.

Anyway my question is, has anyone done this before and how long does it take? The pay as you go sim I buy will be brand new and therefore would I need to use it for a certain amount of time before I can port the number to my current contract? Would I need to top it up?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

mas123

When you get a new sim, you normally have to activate it with a top up. I dont know about the minimum period. But I suspect they will be happy as you won't get the credit back and can't spend it.

Once you get you PAC, it is usually within 48 hours.

I could be mistaken, but you cannot port to the same network.

When you get a new sim, you normally have to activate it with a top up. I dont know about the minimum period. But I suspect they will be happy as you won't get the credit back and can't spend it.

Once you get you PAC, it is usually within 48 hours.

I could be mistaken, but you cannot port to the same network.

Cheers mate :Cheers:

I believe you can't port a mobile number to the same network directly.

What you will have to do is activate the new sim, then port the number to another network PAYG then port it back to your original network "after taking out a new identical contract".

When taking out the new contract, don't cancel your existing one or you will not be able to port the number.

Hope this helps, good luck.

I ported a number from EE to Tesco payg for 3 weeks then ported it to a Tesco contract account. I'd ask first don't know if all networks allow it

Just a quick heads up with these gold numbers, make sure you keep your sim serial (normally shown on the plastic card you break your simcard away from or possibly on the letter your sim card has been attached too) depending on how unique your number is, you may have people trying to steal your number. the only way to verify that the sim card was in fact purchased by yourself is by quoting your sim serial. i know of people who have had their numbers nicked in the past by having potential theifs call up the service provider and pretending to be the owner of the number.

Back