Help pls!

danjel

Inactive User
Reaction score
My main purpose is to get a linux box such that i can get cardsharing.

after alot of reading i got to know that there are couple of linux boxes so i have to choose which one.
seeing my low budget i am thinking of getting a technomate Tm-500 or 600.

so basically can someone tell me what is the DIFFERENCE between Tm-500 and a dreambox DM-500 (or a clone)

also can a TM-500 take softcams like the other technomate boxes?

thanks guys

use wise, they are the same, stability wise, the tm is ahead, picture clarity, the tm is better and for clear sound, the TM blows the dreambox out of the water, wether the dreambox is an original 500 or one of the many many clones, even the clones claiming not to be clones

the tm500 can download softcam keys at the press of a button on the remote

use wise, they are the same, stability wise, the tm is ahead, picture clarity, the tm is better and for clear sound, the TM blows the dreambox out of the water, wether the dreambox is an original 500 or one of the many many clones, even the clones claiming not to be clones

the tm500 can download softcam keys at the press of a button on the remote

wow nice to know that !!!
its pricing is in my budget so i think i should get a tm-500 as a start.

just another question for you:

how about setting it up for cardsharing?

would it be more difficult for me to set it up compared to a dreambox? (considering that i am new to linux boxes)

thanks mate

itd be the same as setting up a dreambox m8 as the foundations for the images are the same

itd be the same as setting up a dreambox m8 as the foundations for the images are the same

good to know that too:proud:

last question: :Laugh:

i found a box off ebay but it is the pre release version ie: white box and no manual... shall i get that one or wait for the official release which should be the same but with a manual ?
possibly you have the pre-release too..

thanks again

yes m8, the ones i have here are the pre release models, if any changes are made to the hardware, it will just make things better

you could download a manual for another linux receiver, and while the remote will be different, and some of the features will be in different places, the majority of it will be very similar

and any help you need will always be available from here

thank thanks alot mate.. you are extremely helpful!!

you know if the new release is out yet though cos i am not too sure ?

the new releases have just been made public m8, featured on the latest issue (#277) of what satellite magazine on the rear page

some extra hardware, and twin scart outputs

the new releases have just been made public m8, featured on the latest issue (#277) of what satellite magazine on the rear page

some extra hardware, and twin scart outputs

thanks alot mate!!
than a seller was right on ebay.
he also added that the remote was slimmer which maybe you can confirm too:proud:

the new models do have different remotes, however, if you flash the new model with the old models (compatible) image, the new remote will stop working, and youll need an older pre-release one

i think i know of a work around for this though, but am not saying untill ive had chance to test, retest and confirm it works

oh man this gets confusing lol

so what should i buy? the new or the pre realease?

ok mate thanks alot for now :)
i will let you know when i get it :proud:

You got it yet I thats why mines taking so long

Coley

not yet mate.. i ordered it yesterday off ebay with a shipping cost of 15sterling to malta... BUT.. than 2hrs later the seller said the shipping was a whopping 33sterling to malta so i refused to pay extra and he refused to give a discount...

now i really dunno where i will buy a receiver :

from malta no technomate exist and dreamboxes are costy..
from uk the shipping sounds to be huge.

if someone knows of some shipper form uk to ship a receiver weighing 3kg for less than 33sterling please tell me where i could find it ......

not yet mate.. i ordered it yesterday off ebay with a shipping cost of 15sterling to malta... BUT.. than 2hrs later the seller said the shipping was a whopping 33sterling to malta so i refused to pay extra and he refused to give a discount...

now i really dunno where i will buy a receiver :

from malta no technomate exist and dreamboxes are costy..
from uk the shipping sounds to be huge.

if someone knows of some shipper form uk to ship a receiver weighing 3kg for less than 33sterling please tell me where i could find it ......

ill see what i can find out for you m8

thanks mate.. but i guess there is nothing more cheap to malta unfortunately.
we are considered not an EU country by the dear UK... sounds funny ..

thanks mate.. but i guess there is nothing more cheap to malta unfortunately.
we are considered not an EU country by the dear UK... sounds funny ..

the fukin uk aint considered an eu country by the uk, unless it suits to gain for the theifing government m8 lol

hehe yeah i guess so too :)
you even wanna keep the sterling :proud:

Back