Help Please

beckam7

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a New Black Wii 4.3e. Usb loader GX installed to SD card, Toshiba 500gb/GO 2.5 STORE E BASICS P/NHDTB105EK3AA. When i plug hardrive in, it says on screen waiting for slow usb device, then make sure its plugged into the right usb port, which it is and then i get screen options: Wii menu or CIOS249 or CIOS222 and it will not boot hardrive. I have plugged the drive into an older version wii with CFG loader on and it works fine. The games were put on the drive using Wii backup Manager and it was formatted NTFS.Why wont it work on the Black Wii? Thanks

are you sure its to be formatted to ntfs?

there are diffrent usb loaders available,
my hardrive is fat32...

I formatted it to NTFS because i read somewhere that it would take larger files instead of splitting them if they are over 4gb, wii backup manager formatted it for me to NTFS. It works fine on the older Wii with CFG loader on but will not work on New Wii with GX loader on.

Can you not install cfg loader instead?

Not sure how to do the loaders, a friend did the cards for me, i just did the hardrive, whats the best loader to use on the new Wii or should i just formatt drive to Fat32.The new Wii has only had one game played on it(Mario Carts) and that was the original, could that have changed something on the Wii?

easiest way to do instal the loaders is to use modmii.

i would try reformatting drive to fat32 first...

If you have an ntfs drive, you need SD card in wii for apps.

Wii backup manager auto splits files if you use fat32, no need for SD card then.

Will try Formatt first, wiil post back. Thanks all

use 3rd party prog like EaseUS (it's free) to format to FAT32 (Windows wont do large partitions). As mentioned, Wii Backup Manger will split files larger than 4GB if you check it in the system settings.

I used to use USB Loader GX but got a bit fed up with it and since trying Configurable USB there's no turning back. I think there may be different forwarders to use as well depending on what cIOS is used but see how you get on with Modmii first and take it from there

Sorted. Thanks everyone for your input. Formatted drive to fat 32, didnt work. My Hitachi 2.0usb Hard drive worked on it, so i decided to connect Wii to wifi and updated GX loader, restarted and my Toshiba hard drive worked, must be something to do with it being 3.0usb and updated loader must have a fix for it. Thanks

Back