***help Please Jtag Di4000n Tried Everything***

boyhhll

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi There People, I Have Previouslty Jtaged A Same Dit4000n And Got The Bk And Ird Straight Away But Since Then Ive Been Trying My Sammy Box And Another Dit4000n Box But No Luck, I Bought A Pogo Pin Jtag Form Tmc, I Even Reintalled Winxp In My Computer Ive Tried Absoulotly Evertything I Keep Getting Target Communication Error : Pc To Target Cable Disconnected,
My Serial Port Is Set To Eep And Is Activated Pins 8 And 15 Are Connected On Jtag But No Luck!!!

Can Any Please Give Me Some Help Thanks!!!!

4000 jtag

sounds to me ;like its not communicating with the pc....i had this problem.....kept changing the settings in bios until it worked
also what software you using?
i use bke2.1
seems to work for me all the time

4000n

hi mate i tried the bke2.1 still no luck same problem

boyhhll said:
Hi There People, I Have Previouslty Jtaged A Same Dit4000n And Got The Bk And Ird Straight Away But Since Then Ive Been Trying My Sammy Box And Another Dit4000n Box But No Luck, I Bought A Pogo Pin Jtag Form Tmc, I Even Reintalled Winxp In My Computer Ive Tried Absoulotly Evertything I Keep Getting Target Communication Error : Pc To Target Cable Disconnected,
My Serial Port Is Set To Eep And Is Activated Pins 8 And 15 Are Connected On Jtag But No Luck!!!

Can Any Please Give Me Some Help Thanks!!!!

you should be using parallel port not serial port. (do not use any interchangers) connect jtag via parallel lead to box with power also connected (becareful)open dryload ans then sdt (make sure drvload_MOT is running before you open sdt) i managed it on my own but is tricky trying to click left handed on sdt puting in id and other relevent points, but it worked first time for me. here is another tut http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37691

4000n

hi there sorry my bad i am using the parralel port!!!!!!! no luck
i personally think my paralel port is not responding as i have made my jtag work only once!!!!

Last edited:
trying plugging a printer or something else into parallel port and se if you can get that to work, you could also make sure in device manager it's installed there

have you tried changing the lead

4000n

im puttin my jtag interface directly in the port

boyhhll said:
im puttin my jtag interface directly in the port

hmmmm.......not sure about this mate.....don't know if works ok like that or not...i know in theary it should, but everything i always have read it has the para cable connected to jtag to the pc. you could always try posting in the main cable tv section and asks the guy's there if this is acceptable to do or not

What swoftware your box running. my 4000 is using CR3.2 and my JTag can't put it in the background. I think you need to downgrade to CR3 or CR1

set your paralell port to epp mode, put the box in eng menu then jtag it.

Back