Help needed to get data off sata drives

replayman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i have a XP using raid 0 running two 300gig drives purley for films and pictures and general storage.
now last week one of the drives lights turned off and locked my machine up! i rebooted ok and drives show fine in the bios but now when i access the drives in xp it shows the data ok and i can use them for around 5 minutes then they disapear??
Is they any software that i can use to get my data off quick or any other way to get my data off?
Thanks in advance.

whoa mate, you got the same prob i had. well sort of the same.

read through this thread: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/200072/

and also have a look at this software: acronis trueimage home 2009.

next time, dont use rain 0, i hate raid 0 now! lol. use raid 0 so that you always have a mirror backup.

there is a company who i've sent my drives off to. u can use them as a last resort.

hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for the info and you previous thread on this subject nawabasif. my mate loaned me his copy of acronis disc director but that would error on trying to lock the drives.
This is going to take a while to sort out as the only way i can get data off is to quicky transfer files before the drives disapear! usally about 5 to 6 minutes. Seems to be as they faulty one heats up???
ahhh well at least i get some things back ;-)
cheers all.

Thank you very much for the info and you previous thread on this subject nawabasif. my mate loaned me his copy of acronis disc director but that would error on trying to lock the drives.
This is going to take a while to sort out as the only way i can get data off is to quicky transfer files before the drives disapear! usally about 5 to 6 minutes. Seems to be as they faulty one heats up???
ahhh well at least i get some things back ;-)
cheers all.
Can you not keep the drive on a cool surface? Have you checked with the manufacturer's website for a firmware upgrade?

You can use acronis trueimage free for 15 days. no limitations on the trial version.

You can backup the whole disk as an image or you can backup important files and folders.

Don't give up hope mate.

Put the drive in a sandwich bag and poped it in the freezer this morning mate. hopefully give me more time to retrieve the data off.

Back