Help needed soft modding a 4.2e please...

TIMREK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Previously soft modded my wii I'm on 3.2e but i'm helping a friend whos on 4.2e where stuck can anyone help plz.
Been following the guide and have so far done these steps........

1) unpack the rar file SD
2)now copy this to the root of your sd card
3)put sd card in your wii and goto sd card menu bannerbomb should start automaticly
4)it should ask if you want to load boot.dol or boot.elf just click yes
5)this should bring up the hackmii installer
6)ok now install the homebrew channel
7)next install bootmii(as boot2 if possible)
8)next install bootmii ios
9)now install dvdx
10)when your done exit the installer hbc should now start
IF YOUR WII FREEZES HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON THEN SWITCH BACK ON
11)now put your sd card back in your pc and unpack rar file SD2
12)copy this to the root of the sd card
13)rename boot.elf to boothackmii.elf
14)rename boot_wadmanager.dol to boot.dol
15)ok now put your sd card back in your wii
16)whilst in the homebrew channel click home on the wimote
17)click load bootmii

Now when I click launch bootmii I'm just getting a grey screen with 4 icons and the wii remote does not respond. What do I do next please any help is appreciated thanks.........

If you use the method that edogg posted here you shouldn't have any problems at all

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look at that earlier but there are no links that work for the guide...

If you use the method that edogg posted here you shouldn't have any problems at all

Did a friends Wii a few days ago which was on 4.2e using the above and it went on no probs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone plz got an active link to download then i'll give it ago THANKS...

OK I've managed to carry on with the orginal method I orginally never replaced the files from the sd2. done now and I'm up to number 60 but I'm stuck again...

61)start wad manager 1.5
62)select IOS249
63)if asked here select disable
64)choose wii sd slot
65)hilight neo gamma r7.wad and install it
66)hilight usb loader and install it
67)when done click home button on wiimote

Now from the original download you get wad manager 1.4 that does not work I get error ret 2011. So i've downloaded wad manager 1.5 but that just freezers any ideas where to go from here THANKS ...........

I've read on the forum to use iso 250 instead of 249 on the wad manager 1.5. Done this and it lets me load both the usb loader and neo gamma but still none of them work. Now its doing my head in will leave it till tomorrow but please give me some ideas.....

the link to the Easy 4.2e hack does work i just tried it sometimes there are a lot of people down loading so rapidshare try and push you into a premium account just try again later
it has been downloaded 620 times and the servers are busy now so leave it for a bit
edogg

Last edited:
Back