Help me replace my TM800HD

danmed

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys.

Whilst my TM800HD does "almost" everything i want, there is one problem which annoys the ever living crap out of me.. The HD channels go out of sync and need a reboot to fix.

With the new F1 season days away, i'd like to be able to watch in Hd without worrying about it going out of sync.

below are the only features i really care about, others are listed as bonuses.. I only want to spend about £100 if possible..

Essential :

Stable, Synched HD
Full EPG (Atleast 5 days) on Sky UK
Softcam support
RF Out (Or working Streaming over network)

Bonus :
Time shift
Record (Via USB or Internal HDD)
Good looking / Varied skins
Dual Tuner

Alternatively, if anyone can help me with the Synching on the TM800, i'd appreciate it!

Edit : Looking around, the DM800se seems to be pretty popular, if more expensive than i had hoped to pay.. any comments?

Last edited:
Guys.

Whilst my TM800HD does "almost" everything i want, there is one problem which annoys the ever living crap out of me.. The HD channels go out of sync and need a reboot to fix.

With the new F1 season days away, i'd like to be able to watch in Hd without worrying about it going out of sync.

below are the only features i really care about, others are listed as bonuses.. I only want to spend about £100 if possible..

Essential :

Stable, Synched HD
Full EPG (Atleast 5 days) on Sky UK
Softcam support

RF Out (Or working Streaming over network)
no rf out on a dm800se or dual tuner.
Bonus :
Time shift
Record (Via USB or Internal HDD)
Good looking / Varied skins
Dual Tuner

Alternatively, if anyone can help me with the Synching on the TM800, i'd appreciate it!

Edit : Looking around, the DM800se seems to be pretty popular, if more expensive than i had hoped to pay.. any comments?

Sorry I can't be more helpful but if rf out is important then not sure what box if any will meet your requirements at the budget you have.

Thanks Ellie, Some method of watching the channels in a seperate room is essential, but network streaming is fine.

Thanks Ellie, Some method of watching the channels in a seperate room is essential, but network streaming is fine.

channel mute on and off, or channel up or down usually sorts the sync.... until the next time :)

Thanks Vector

Dan, cant remember for the life of me, but some of the later images were pretty much sorted for lipsync on HD channels

The last image i used on mine when I was using it day in and day out I think was the newest IQ only one, so you could try that if you have not already

atm I am using a DWIQ fixed UK image, but as the box is in the bedroom I cant say I watch HD channels enough to have noticed any lip sync.

It will also be worth scanning a single transponer manually too, Once you installed a channel list

Last edited:
Thanks Rickie, I'm running the latest DW image and it's by far the best i've used stability and speed wise. I'll give the mute / unmute option a go, if that doesn't help then i might switch to the IQ image and then add Digi's panel separately.

thanks

Dan

Thanks Rickie, I'm running the latest DW image and it's by far the best i've used stability and speed wise. I'll give the mute / unmute option a go, if that doesn't help then i might switch to the IQ image and then add Digi's panel separately.

thanks

Dan

also try scanning a single transponer as that could have been the fix for lipsync - tbh just cant remember, however I will have a look at mine tonight and work it out for you.

Are you using a fixed dish or multisat?

also try scanning a single transponer as that could have been the fix for lipsync - tbh just cant remember, however I will have a look at mine tonight and work it out for you.

Are you using a fixed dish or multisat?

using fixed dish.. not sure what you mean by scanning a single transponder.. I'm using rat's bouquets so havn't needed to scan anything.

what channel you getting lip sync on, i am having a look for you

It happens on any HD channel. Sometimes it can go hours without it happening, then it will glitch and the sound will be ahead of the picture..

I used to get it all the time. Got so used to hitting mute on and off quickly (lot quicker than changing channels) that it almost became a non-issue

Back