Help laptop wont boot

coopsvip

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Need some help. My Fujitsu Siemens amilo pi2540 laptop using windows vista won't boot.

It turns on, but won't boot. If I try starting it in safe mode I get a blue screen then restarts.

If I try starting in last good config same thing happens.

If I launch start up repair after a long time it loads Fujitsu recovery which gives me the option to restore to factory settings. Which I assume will wipe all my data?

Anybody got ideas?

Has the hard drive had it?

Like a fool I haven't backed up my data and really don't want to lose my photos of kids is there anyway to recover these?

Have you got a hard-drive caddy are something to read the hard-drive with ? because if it's knackerd you should still be able to access it from another pc and save your photo's and files.

First you could try a boot CD like Spotmau BootSuite or Hirens boot CD both are excellent for boot problems.

To be honest Vista is the worst OS on the planet, to get rid of it you will be doing your self a favor, both Spotmau and Hirens can be found on torrents or nzb etc you just burn the files onto disk.

Here is a video showing how to make a Hirens Boot CD For Free !!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, Vista is NOT an operating system, it's a joke. Grab a copy of the many bootable options such as Hirens or a version of Linux and boot from CD or USB key then backup your data. Now you can do a system restore without losing your stuff.

When you get control back make sure you turn off the option to restart from a BSOD then you'll have a chance of fixing it without all this pain M8!

Agree with above. Since you're posting here, you must have download access from something. If you can download a copy of, say, Linux Mint,
you can solve your boot problem, assuming not h/w related. It's very tolerant of older h/w, and depending on your use, may be all you need.
Very good "out of the box", though advanced use is a bit of a learning curve. Nothing worse than Vista (well, maybe Win 95).:)

Ok I've got hirens boot cd, what do I do now? I've had a go but not getting anywhere? Seem to get error 15 a lot ?

Ok I've got hirens boot cd, what do I do now? I've had a go but not getting anywhere? Seem to get error 15 a lot ?

It seems after a bit google error 15 is file not found on the Hirens ISO, try and burn it again at 2x nice and slow, did you use image burn to make it ?

Restore factory settings, IF it's the BIOS you are referring too. Also, use a vacuum cleaner on all the vents, in-case its overheating.

It seems after a bit google error 15 is file not found on the Hirens ISO, try and burn it again at 2x nice and slow, did you use image burn to make it ?

I used the burning software that came with it. Will burn again using img at slow speed. Gonna get a hard drive dock today to try and get my photos off it fingers crossed will work. Thanks for help.

Mini xp didn't work! I've put hard drive into dock. My laptop hard drive is split into two a local disc (c) and a data (f) . I can see the f drive and get the data off but can't access the c drive. When I click on c drive it jus freezes.

Any ideas what to do next?

fixed it! and got my photos backed up. thanks for all the help got the boot disc to run a disc checker which fixed the errors.

Back