Help installing DD-WRT on linksys WRT350N

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Linksys WRT350N and would like to installed DD-WRT firmware on it, does anyone have a guide or quickly explain what I need to do and is it worth it?

Please keep in mind it is possible that you may brick your router when doing the following!! Proceed at your own risk.

DD-WRT Installation Guide for Linksys WRT350N

Download the 'dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin' HERE.

Download the 'dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin' HERE.

Go to 'Administration' > 'Firmware Upgrade'. Ref: »ui.linksys.com/files/WRT350N/1.0···rade.htm

Browse for 'dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin' and push the 'Start to Upgrade' button. Make sure it's the mini version, not the standard version. Wait for upgrade to complete.

Log back into the router (if it doesn't automatically). A reset may be required by depressing the reset button on the back of the router.

Go to the 'Administration' > 'Firmware Upgrade' tab in DD-WRT.

Browse for 'dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin' and press the upgrade button. Again, it is very important that the upgrade process is not interrupted.

Note: You can always just stick with the "mini" version if it has the features that you require. Please let me know if you have any questions and again proceed at your own risk.

[DD-WRT] WRT350N DD-WRT - Linksys | DSLReports Forums

Just realised I have the WRT320N not 350! Good job I checked otherwise I would have ended up bricking it!

i just upgraded my d-link 615 the night and i thought i had bricked it till i relised i had to change 198.162.0.1 to 192.168.1.1.
cant believe all the different options u get and i installed a file that lets me watch things in america which u normally couldnt.
whats the other benefits u find with this

I installed dd-wrt on an old linksys cable router so i could turn it into a wireless access point that i could plug ethernet into for my adsl :)

I was quite lucky with the installation as i wasnt sure what version to try and install so just randomly picked a file downloaded it and it went straight on lol.

theres all sorts that can be done with it :)

i just upgraded my d-link 615 the night and i thought i had bricked it till i relised i had to change 198.162.0.1 to 192.168.1.1.
cant believe all the different options u get and i installed a file that lets me watch things in america which u normally couldnt.
whats the other benefits u find with this

Hi, Which file did you install, was it VPN? I tried to install the astrill vpn but it did not support it for the 615 model.
Thanks

Hi, Which file did you install, was it VPN? I tried to install the astrill vpn but it did not support it for the 615 model.
Thanks

i installed the first file "D-Link DIR-61 rev D Firmware: Special image for initial flashing" and once installed i used the
dd-wrt control panel to update the second file "D-Link DIR-61 rev D Firmware: Webflash image"

this was the page for my router Router Database | www.dd-wrt.com

did u double check your firmware cause i have 2 off they routers dir-615 and the one i done was d4(newer router) and
the other one was d2 (older one) it tells you on the bottom on it. let is know how u got on

sorry i think i might have misread that. u mean the file for watching the things from america.
if so. as soon as i go home later ill tell u what it was

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes it was which file you use to watch things from America.

i just deleted this so going to try get the elite version from somewhere as theres no ads in that one cause couple just popped up there with that one

Back