HELP! Hitatchi 47 was fine! updated via jungleflasherand now wont play any games help

Re: HELP! Hitachi 47 was fine! updated via jungleflasherand now wont play any games

nope that one didnt work either! bugger

Re: HELP! Hitachi 47 was fine! updated via jungleflasherand now wont play any games

hiya, i think theres been a few problems with hitachis and the new games mate, as hitachis arnt a very good drive and have crap lasers in them, alot of hitachis used to struggle playing normal backups but now these new xgd3 ga,mes have come out they put alot more pressure on the laser, some have said they think the hitachi firmware is buggy but most have put it down to most hitachis having crap lasers in them, i dont think the firmware is buggy as c4eva is very good at what he does, so your not on your own with having a crappy hitachi drive mate, thanks

just to let those that helped out or were interested in this thread. the laser did need adjusted to read any games but it is old and probably been knocked about a bit. got it working with new games by getting the ihas124 b drive and first burn of mw3 worked a treat so not sure if the truncate option on a normal burner wasnt good enough for the hitachi. not tried any other games as yet but hopefully be ok. i have noticed the drive is a bit noisy reading the disc but will try and install to the hard drive to see if that uses the disc less as at least they boot now.

just to let those that helped out or were interested in this thread. the laser did need adjusted to read any games but it is old and probably been knocked about a bit. got it working with new games by getting the ihas124 b drive and first burn of mw3 worked a treat so not sure if the truncate option on a normal burner wasnt good enough for the hitachi. not tried any other games as yet but hopefully be ok. i have noticed the drive is a bit noisy reading the disc but will try and install to the hard drive to see if that uses the disc less as at least they boot now.

hi, glad you got it sorted mate, yes installing games to the hard drive definately saves the laser, take about 5 10 minutes to install a game but once its installed the laser will only need to read the disk on boot up of that game and then thats it, the hard drive does the rest of the work so good idea that mate, thanks

I don`t think truncated method works on the hitachi drives , i know i read it somewhere but can`t think where lol

Back