Help - Error: No CA Found.....

ChrisUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've successfully updated my DM800 with a new image & a load of plugins, which I saved off to install onto a mates DM800.

The image wouldn't work (was a SSL84 image whilst he had a SSL82 box).

I tried updating his box to SSL84 & must have used an original SSL as when his box rebooted, I keep getting the no CA Found error on the front of the box.

I've been at it about 5 hours now, trying everything listed on every forum, tried several versions of DreamUP, NCF SIM2, Optiflash - the lot !

I still cant seem to fix the issue though & its driving me mad :(

None of the programs will pick up the box & if using the hacked versions of Dream Up, I just get the File too big errors.

I cant get an IP assigned to the box to try & re-flash either & I'm now stuck at to what to do (keep on going round in circles reading the advice, time for some independent help).

Can anyone assist ?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've successfully updated my DM800 with a new image & a load of plugins, which I saved off to install onto a mates DM800.

The image wouldn't work (was a SSL84 image whilst he had a SSL82 box).

I tried updating his box to SSL84 & must have used an original SSL as when his box rebooted, I keep getting the no CA Found error on the front of the box.

I've been at it about 5 hours now, trying everything listed on every forum, tried several versions of DreamUP, NCF SIM2, Optiflash - the lot !

I still cant seem to fix the issue though & its driving me mad :(

None of the programs will pick up the box & if using the hacked versions of Dream Up, I just get the File too big errors.

I cant get an IP assigned to the box to try & re-flash either & I'm now stuck at to what to do (keep on going round in circles reading the advice, time for some independent help).

Can anyone assist ?

Thanks
null modem cable and patched version of dreamup is the only way to revive your box..
first flash bootloader..then the image and then the bootloader again ensuring they are both a match ie ssl84b bootloader with a ssl84b image for your box...all can be found in download section..just make sure you know if the box is clone or not..
are both boxes clones or genuine boxes? are sims both the same..how old is each box could be different hardware so look out.

Last edited:
Only issue is that DreamUp cant see my box to reflash the bootloader & the patched versions give me a file too big error on all the bootloader files Ive tried using (which Ive read is a write access denied error) ?

Both boxes & sims are the same - only hardware differences are the tuners.

Driving me mad !

Only issue is that DreamUp cant see my box to reflash the bootloader & the patched versions give me a file too big error on all the bootloader files Ive tried using (which Ive read is a write access denied error) ?

Both boxes & sims are the same - only hardware differences are the tuners.

Driving me mad !
okay how are you trying to flash...once you have ca error it can only be done with null modem cable.do you have the correct drivers installed on computer.
are both the boxes clones..you can only use patched dreamup for clone boxes.

Last edited:
I'm using a null modem cable in conjunction with DreamUp.

I'm having to use a USB adapter for it though. I have tried it with my other working box & it can "see" that one via the cable, so I know its working ok....

double check the usb mate known to give issues

have you access to other pc with serial connection

should be straight forward repair

making sure proper image loader

I'm using a null modem cable in conjunction with DreamUp.

I'm having to use a USB adapter for it though. I have tried it with my other working box & it can "see" that one via the cable, so I know its working ok....
okay this is what you need to do..if its a clone box use patched dream up if not clone use original dreamup. check com port..check ip address of box it will be different..is the box a sunray version as you will need to use sunray version of dream up..if it can not see your box then it has to be a ip or com port problem do you have box connected to router?sorry for all the questions
ps try moving usb ports and let it install drivers again reboot computer if your on 7 it will install drivers it for you.(plug and play)its got to be communication problem box to computer.

another hint as you have installed lots of programs is uninstall everything but the dreamup you are using..google "USBREVIEW" download and install to computer (run as admin)then uninstall all usb drivers you will see what ones will be com port ones etc and reinstall your drivers for usb adapter as there maybe a problem there

Last edited:
Great minds lol - just popped into the loft to get an old PC out with a serial port. Will report back....

Well, the rusty old PC found the broken DM800 using DreamUP, uploaded the flash software (didnt even get to that stage before), which allowed me to flash a clone SSL84.

Booted back up, connected to my network, got an IP & flashed the backup of my image onto it via the browser.

I've been doing this since 3pm going out of my mind lol

Things you can do when you have the right tools eh :(

Never buying another PC again which doesn't have a serial port !!!

Thanks very much for your help guys & quick responses, its much appreciated.

Chris

Well, the rusty old PC found the broken DM800 using DreamUP, uploaded the flash software (didnt even get to that stage before), which allowed me to flash a clone SSL84.

Booted back up, connected to my network, got an IP & flashed the backup of my image onto it via the browser.

Chris

Great stuff mate...

Chris

Just buy a PCI serial card ,cheap as chips on the bay :)

fun of the game

glad you sorted mate

Thinking of buying a DM800 SE.

Found them cheap enough online for around £156 delivered with internal wifi & HDD.

Any forum recommended sellers ?

Cheers

crackin box

but watch where you buy from

support at right places

Back