help Downgrade with Pandora's Battery

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just downgraded on phat psp using a 256mb mem card and pandoras battery but having trouble on another psp running 3.51

it boots with the 3 options X to Downgrade O to backup and [] to restore but after I press X it goes off then comes back with the same menu rather than the firmware downgrade one

I used pandoras gui to create the mem card

did you run the kxploit patcher first

Last edited:
when running KXploit on a 3.52 M33 im getting the following error

can not be run 8002014c

Tony,

this may not be relevant but when I used the GUI to create the battery and card it worked on the fat psp but wouldn't work on the slim.

Bro suggested using disinter but I found the tutorial I used on a slim before, and since I knew it worked I used that instead.

I'm not at home to get the link for you but I'll try to post it later if your still having difficulty.

You could always ask bro for a hand using disinter as he does seem to be the man when it come to the psp.

I've just put the customer psp into 1.50 mode

KXploit now runs buts says that this application dosn't apply to this firmware

KXploit dosn't run on the 3.51 psp either

Should you not have had the fat psp in 1.50 mode from the start, before you run the GUI to create the battery?

I don't think you need to run KXploit on the slim psp either.

Maybe best to wait on Bro or one of the others to confirm this as I'm confident messing with my own psp but wouldn't like to mess yours up. As I'm at work I don't have any of my documentations with me.

Sorry.

I've just created the battery in 150 mode and still get the same on the 3.51 psp

just keeps returning to the same options 3 options X to Downgrade O to backup and [] to restore after X has been selected to downgrade

try doing it with this
i never have this problem
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/145967/&highlight=straight

and download the 3.71 the 3.40 and the 1.50 orignal firmware from the downloads
when running program make sure it is set for 3.71 unbricker/installer
and the pc must be running at least net framework 2.0 which you can see if you go into add and remove programs

if unsure pm us your msn addy

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe try updating the orignal firmware to a more recent version, say 3.60, then try the down grade?

I think that 3.52 is the latest firmware for the phat psp

with disinter done stage one and got an error 0x8ca1002 , looks like the statge1 dosn't copy the update.php file onto the memory stick so I copy the update.php onto the memory stick. 2nd time around it look like it copied some file onto the stick

connect the stick back to the pc for stage 2 and it now looks like the 256mb stick is knackered, can't read it at all

borrowed a 4gb stick and tried the Pandora gui method again but still doesn't get past the first 3 options

not sure i want to try the disinter method with the 4gb stick

I think that 3.52 is the latest firmware for the phat psp

with disinter done stage one and got an error 0x8ca1002 , looks like the statge1 dosn't copy the update.php file onto the memory stick so I copy the update.php onto the memory stick. 2nd time around it look like it copied some file onto the stick

connect the stick back to the pc for stage 2 and it now looks like the 256mb stick is knackered, can't read it at all

borrowed a 4gb stick and tried the Pandora gui method again but still doesn't get past the first 3 options

not sure i want to try the disinter method with the 4gb stick

3,71 is the latest firmware,,,,,,,,,are you on windows vista or xp

you have not got the 3 updates mixed up,the 1.50,,,,,,3.40 and 3.71 original sony have you

using xp

I've not download 3.40 or 3.71 i was just using the 1.5 downgrade option

I'll download 3.40 & 3.71 and start again

the 1.5 phat psp wouldn't format the 256mb stick, I tried it again in a slim and it formatted ok so I've got the 256mb stick back in use

using xp

I've not download 3.40 or 3.71 i was just using the 1.5 downgrade option

I'll download 3.40 & 3.71 and start again

the 1.5 phat psp wouldn't format the 256mb stick, I tried it again in a slim and it formatted ok so I've got the 256mb stick back in use

why are you using the 1.50 downgrade option,,,,use the 3.71 option as this will take you straight to 3.71 m33 in one go

Cheers Bro

What a fecker that was but got there in the end

now for the 3.60 slim, can I use the same stick that was created?

you can mate,back up the nand (do not press restore)first although i havent used a 256 stick before my reccomendation is atleast 512 usually

the slim is done now

took a chance on the 256 stick

what is the nand for just it case it gets bricked?

is it still any good now, do I need to back it up to my pc

cheers

would leave some thanks but the button gone

the slim is done now

took a chance on the 256 stick

what is the nand for just it case it gets bricked?

is it still any good now, do I need to back it up to my pc

cheers

would leave some thanks but the button gone

when you had the options in the black menu you could have done it then but no matter all is good now,,you back it up incase the mod goes wrong,in this case it didnt

glad you got it sorted mate

I did back it up, just wondering what it was for

thanks again

nothing to do know for the rest of the day

Back