Linux HD video stream on RPi

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been trying to watch the Rutland Water osprey hd video stream on my RPi but the streaming window does not open. I have installed iceweasel (firefox) but even that does not work I can watch it on mobile phones and tablets but not the RPi

I have been trying to watch the Rutland Water osprey hd video stream on my RPi but the streaming window does not open. I have installed iceweasel (firefox) but even that does not work I can watch it on mobile phones and tablets but not the RPi

apparently I need flashplayer which is not available how would i access the webcam through xbmc

I found some on youtube with xbmc on my raspi

Hi mate,

Are you streaming the video from internet or are you trying to play a media file from your local network? If its the later the pi will lack the grunt to do the decoding on the fly for large files sitting on a media server. Here you will need a transcoder running on your server allowing the server decode the media and then stream the video to your rasp Pi.

Hi mate,

Are you streaming the video from internet or are you trying to play a media file from your local network? If its the later the pi will lack the grunt to do the decoding on the fly for large files sitting on a media server. Here you will need a transcoder running on your server allowing the server decode the media and then stream the video to your rasp Pi.

the pi has a HD decoder chip. it can play back up to 1080p media just fine. As mentioned its more likely to be a flash or silverlight issue with the site.

the pi has a HD decoder chip. it can play back up to 1080p media just fine. As mentioned its more likely to be a flash or silverlight issue with the site.

No worries, I was thinking it maybe a plugin needed for internet video but I wasn't sure if the OP had nailed the issue for sure. The pi does have DH decoder and I've not had issues with playback/decoding files from USB. I did however have problems with playback of large files via wired network connection and I'm still not 100% certain why I was having these problems. Decoding on server then streaming to Pi seemed to get around the issue.

new to the Pi but thought there was a license you could buy to enable proper decoding - £2.40

To say that the PI can play 1080p fine, is not 100% true.
It plays 1080p H.264 videos just fine. Those are HW-decoded, and that the PI can handle :)

To say that the PI can play 1080p fine, is not 100% true.
It plays 1080p H.264 videos just fine. Those are HW-decoded, and that the PI can handle :)

so what 1080p does it not play I have watched blueray rips with no problem

Back