HD Freeview via SAT available March

yes thats something i didnt mention, you do need a £20 card currently for ch4, ch5, sky3, five life, five us, fox news. But its still good value for most people imo.

Sky HD boxes can be bought cheap enough if you keep your eyes open ;) I've often seen them sell for well under 200 and i only paid half that. No need to subscribe and you get all bbc/itv channels & including all regions, bbc-HD, Ch4-HD, film4, all the ch5 stuff and loads more subscription-free stuff (soon ITV-HD too).
I'm always the first to say how crap sky is but its a good option for little money so i am amazed nobody suggests or talks about this option. Freeview sucks and the better option has been around for months.
:)

Is that fleabay for the box?

R all Sly HD Boxes the same?

If then you want the £20 Freesat Sly want to match the card to the box n ask for serial any risks if the box from flebay was stolen?

I've an old Sly box no card all the BBC regions are available no prob, I also paid for £20 Freesat but additonal channels don't decrypt - I think as I had it switched off for a while!

Although I agree Freesat is a good option, (I still use it as an additional tuner if I happen to be recording something from cable on occasion or for someone 2 watch something diff in another room), It dosn't have Sly Sports News which Freeview has n I miss so I have Freeview 2.

I'd like the HD Option so Money No Object n They do release the DM8000 I'd have sum of that!

But you dont have to pay ANY subscription if you buy an unsubsidised box yourself. So even if sky charge 100 you are still best to pay 200 and get more choice than terrestrial freeview plus some HD with more soon. The HD box also upscales the sd channels too and in my opinion it does a great job.
Sky is too expensive even if they drop the 10 quid, but for FREE telly choice the sky HD box really is worth a look.

OK m8, who the hell are you, and how did you guess pinkys password??

lol

Hey dose anyone know what channel you would be getting with this freesat :) hoping alot of up coming HD channels :D

like digi i am an installer and there is really no information on this from suppliers. It may be being launched in currys comet etc but you would have thought they would need someone to install the things. I will be surprised if this launches in march but it sounds like a really good idea, we sell loads of sky freesat, if they can launch an hd package for the right money it'll do very well

When my sister got Sky multi-room last year they put up a new dish and I grabbed the old one with single lnb. If I got one of these sky hd boxes off ebay would that allow viewing freesat? Obviously the Sky+ features need a dual lnb, but will the box function with just a single feed or would I need to get a dual lnb too?

Yes no probs. I use a sky-hd box with a single feed and no subscription. The record & sky+ functions dont work but all freesat channels work, upscaling of sd channels work, hdmi output works, its all fine.

Back