Hd channels juddering on HDMU

muddym2002

Reaction score
Hi

All my HD channels are juddering after a few minutes. Any idea why this happens??

Thanks in adavance

juddering on all images not just HDMU, reports are that its a fault at sky's end as its affecting some sky boxes also. The chip manufacturer is not working on a fix for it so I suggest you use the SD simulcast of the few channels that are effected.

The problem may be solved when the bird is replaced in what is expected to be late November.

juddering on all images not just HDMU, reports are that its a fault at sky's end as its affecting some sky boxes also. The chip manufacturer is not working on a fix for it so I suggest you use the SD simulcast of the few channels that are effected.

The problem may be solved when the bird is replaced in what is expected to be late November.

Cheers mate. Much appreciated

Just read your thread about the image you have uploaded and how you have the sd and hd channels together. Where could i get this channel list from?

Thanks

You can create your own using rats list and dreamboxedit. or pm me a mail address and i will mail you mine.

You can create your own using rats list and dreamboxedit. or pm me a mail address and i will mail you mine.

What image are you using mate? a few people on the beginners thread saying that they dont get the juddering?

been through all the images and they are all the same. its a hardware fault not a firmware fault.

Apparently you can set the Refresh Rate in A/V Settings to 25mhz and this is a decent workaround. My TV wouldn't support it :(

Apparently you can set the Refresh Rate in A/V Settings to 25mhz and this is a decent workaround. My TV wouldn't support it :(

Are you championc of boards.ie fame?

If so I think your should upload your back up of the Alien 2 image.
I have done the 8900 but don't have a AA2 here to do a back up.

I am indeed !!

I've now posted a link over there to a Hyperion v2 version which I have to say I feel is way better than AR-P. Streaming works for anything, you've got loads of info from BluePanel and something which is still being developed. There's been no updates of AR-P since April.

Where on here would I upload it to ?

Can I upload 120mb files ?

Hyperion is excellent. Given that it's based around python2.7 (like OpenAR-P) rather than the HDMU based 2.6, I certainly found that CPU usage is very low (idle 85% on average) and memory is good. These figures (Telnet to box and type "TOP") seem way lower to HDMU figures. There is one MASSIVE difference with Hyperion in that streaming of channels other than the ones being watch on the box actually work. I could never get this working in AR-P.

Here's a link to my complete Hyperion v2 based Image

RapidShare ? Secure Data Logistics

This image is working with the following plugins:-
AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, TSMedia, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, OpenWebIf, Streaming channels separate from one being watched - yipee, SambaServer, PermanentTimeShift and IPTV Updater v1.1. Of course, there's the BluePanel too which gives excellent system Info.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Enjoy and I'm sure other users will benefit from any feedback you have for this Image

FTP Login username root, password blank

Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

a few people on here have been saying they suffer with no judder on mgcam?

An E2 driver fix for the juddering has been added to the duckbox git so hopefully your favourite team will chuck out a new compiled image soon enough.

Back