have you pranged your car in the recent heavy snow

i nearly killed an old biddy on monday, she looked at me coming down the road, then pulled out, i swear it was the weight of the turd that shot out of me hitting the breaks that caused the skid (wasnt even doing 30) very quickly (dont know how though) slammed it into 2nd gear, turned away from her, and floored it. ended up on the wrong side of the road, next to her, with horn going and language like hell just verbally erupted at her, and she calles me the ******!!

cheekey old cow, peoples licenses should be cancelled at 65 and made to retake their tests, they got bus passes, fkin use them and make the roads safer for everyone else

I dropped a friend home last night, roads were wet but ok... in the space of about half hour of leaving my actual area.... they turned to ice ! got back, went to stop at a 3 way traffic light jcn, I didnt just slid straight through on a RED light LOL

Thank fook nothing was coming the other way ! after that I approach green and red lights with caution around here lol.... Id of been royally shafted if id hit someone/something on a red ! I was only doing about 10mph and used gears to slow but just slid :(

I haven't hit anything yet - Just glad nothing was on the inside lanes as I slid sideways on a couple of roundabouts yesterday......Thing is these are MAIN roundabouts but had NO GRITTERS about and was during the day !

I haven't hit anything yet - Just glad nothing was on the inside lanes as I slid sideways on a couple of roundabouts yesterday......Thing is these are MAIN roundabouts but had NO GRITTERS about and was during the day !

I wondered the same thing, then had a dig on my local council website... they have a winter plan, and primary gritting routes and secondary gritting routes that you should be able to view on there ..... this is what its under on my council site mate :)

Severe Weather Conditions. Barking and Dagenham.

Down near the bottom under "Winter Maintenance Service"

I'm with MickieD.
I've crashed a car
I've bumped a car
I've bent a car
I've whacked a car
I've smashed a car
But I've never pranged a car.

Here we go again, so do Southerners ie Mickey use it no do you Jocks use it no do us in the North of England use it yes.

Prang is a fairly common word where I live where I live in Scotland. I've heard it used loads of times.

:err:

Thats great news glad to hear it.

great sarcasm pmsl

i nearly"pranged" my car today, went to eddies(edmundsons) on the valley thios morning and there car park is kinda on a hill and there warehouse is at the bottom.

as i approached the building at 5 miles an hour or summit, i put the brakes on and just slid closer and closer to the building. i looked at my mate and his feet were nearly pushing my foot well out and the seat was getting pushed right back lol. my heart was punding as i though i was gonna go staright through there metal sheeting building but lukily there was a kerb that stopped me and i was about 6 inches away from doing a ram raid on a ware house. lol

sorry notherners

Feck me, I'd rather you just called me a **** rather than hurling insults like that around...!

Me, northern? I'm not even North Devon FFS! Pah!

:)

Well Im very much from 'saaaf lannndan'. Although people never use the full 'apple and pairs' rhyming slang any more, its still very much apparent in everday talk.

Things like 'have a butchers at that', 'fancy a ruby?' and 'look at the state of your boat!' are never thought twice about and used all the time.

Back